Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a 97 kawasaki zzr600, and unfortunately I got take out by a car on a roundabout a few months ago. The main damage to the bike was a broken crank case cover. I have replaced the broken case but the bike still does not start. There was no damage to the stator but there was some grinding on the inside the rotor on the black pins (photo attach just for visual reference). Would that stop the bike from starting?

Attachments

·
Ace Tuner
3,484 Posts
Hello all, I have a 97 kawasaki zzr600, and unfortunately I got take out by a car on a roundabout a few months ago. The main damage to the bike was a broken crank case cover. I have replaced the broken case but the bike still does not start. There was no damage to the stator but there was some grinding on the inside the rotor on the black pins (photo attach just for visual reference). Would that stop the bike from starting?
No,
Most likely something happened to the bike while sitting for a few months, like maybe the carburetors 'gummed up'.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you SemiFast I will take a look over the weekend. I order a battery charger aswell just in case because the bike was sitting for a couple of months maybe is not charged enough to start the bike.

·
Ace Tuner
3,484 Posts
A weak battery could make the engine spin over fast enough so that a person would think it should start the bike but the starter could be using just about all of the available voltage and not leaving enough for the ignition system to function.

So yeah, make sure you have a good battery. :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts