1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
23,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
That's a pretty good mark-down. I'm not sure how the sales have been going for Zero. It's great to see new ideas coming out.

·
Commute Racer
2,225 Posts
Getting there. The math says my monthly payment would have to be $175/month for the bike to pay for itself over the fuel cost of my paid for ICE bike, but at 70 miles highway each way, I need to higher end of their current range, which is about $250/month.

I hope the next gen bikes can go 100mph for 100 miles (gives me a range and speed buffer), which will be the tipping point for me where it makes sense to get one.

On a related note, we get to see how the Victory Electric bike does at the IOMTT these next two weeks.

·
American Legion Rider
23,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Battery technology and even stricter laws will make a few people give it a try. I won't get too excited until recharging gets around the 30 minute time frame. But I'll ge very interested when they get to 100 mile top speed and a 5 mile buffer window at 25% AND 15 minute recharge. I think I'll be safe on my gas hog for some time myself.:) Then I think a person can travel on the road and actually go from state to state. But then also those recharging stations will have to be everywhere. And what will be the cost to recharge? Ya know someone has to get rich.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts