Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
I didn't read the whole article, but the bikes are actually better looking than what I expected, although I'm not sure what I expected.

I think if I lived in town, worked in town and the majority of my riding was in town, or not far from town, one of these electric bikes might look real attractive.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think if I lived in town, worked in town and the majority of my riding was in town, or not far from town, one of these electric bikes might look real attractive.
Other than the SR/F, the 2020 models are similar to the previous versions so I don't have a reason to upgrade... yet.

For me, they are great commuter bikes. Range is fine, free charging at work, and bookmarking the workday with some seat time works. Even if it won't work for you, I would recommend test riding an electric motorcycle.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
As often as I can afford to, I like to travel on my bike. I mean like to Colorado, Montana, New Mexico, Utah and anywhere else that I take a notion to visit. But I still haven't got to the Tail Of The Dragon. :)

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
^ It would be cool if a member meet up at the Dragon could be coordinated in the summer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I completely agree that as good as they are for short distances, electrics are definitely not good for high speeds or long distance touring. Anything over 55-60 MPH and the batteries just drain too quickly. ?

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
I really don't think the Dragon is that big a deal. Especially on weekends. It's much like the coastal highway in California where it gets turned into a parking lot nearly. If you pay attention to your map heading in that direction, you might just find some other roads just as pretty and with some challenges. Don't get me wrong, it's a great road, there are just others equally good. Maybe not as many curves but that's not all there is to it in my eyes.

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,918 Posts
At least the price on this one makes a lot more sense if really in the market for an Electric Ride ..

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
I really don't think the Dragon is that big a deal. Especially on weekends. It's much like the coastal highway in California where it gets turned into a parking lot nearly. If you pay attention to your map heading in that direction, you might just find some other roads just as pretty and with some challenges. Don't get me wrong, it's a great road, there are just others equally good. Maybe not as many curves but that's not all there is to it in my eyes.
Just think it would be a great spot for a meet up. It wasn't busy at all when I was there on Labor day weekend. You just have to be there early in the day. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts