Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i just needed some advice about my bike...

Last race i was thrashing my bike as usual and then i stalled mid-air(my fault), as i landed(very hard) i clutch started it, 2 laps later i noticed a lot of people overtaking me then realised my bike wasnt as fast. it was running as if i had my brakes held on. i dropped out of the race but when i held the clutch in, it idled and revved as normal so i just turned it off and left it at that. at home i stripped the 2 engine case cover and just checked that everything was ok on the shallow gears, and everything looked fine. i tried to kick it over and as i kicked it the kickstarter got more and more impossible to kick, i then rolled the engine backwards and the kickstarter was easy again???, im beggining to think this is a problem with the transmission or the clutch as a result from a harsh clutch start ??? please help , i really dont have the cash to be slogged another grand at the bike shop:S

i have checked the brakes and they are fine..

·
Honk if you've never seen a gun fired from a bike
821 Posts
I'm pretty clueless, but I'll toss out some stuff to check. Have you checked clutch plates and springs? If the clutch got chewed pretty hard during that bump start, the clutch may be dragging when you're trying to start. Also, it would explain loss of power, the engine over-powering the clutch, causing slippage. This would mean power is lost in the clutch and not making it to the rear wheel. I would take hte clutch apart, and if anything, drop a new one in before you get the trans rebuilt.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx for the replies.. but it wouldnt be the timing...it was revving fine with the clutch held in before i hit the kil switch, and it didnt sound like it was slipping, it was the exact same as holding your brakes on, slipping makes your bike rev higher but go nowhere..any other suggestions? thanx for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts