Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Current WR250R owner with 5 years riding experience. Bike is set up more for off road trails, single track and fire roads where the majority of riding takes place but ride street to get to these destinations.

Looking to get larger street bike 650 or larger. I don’t consider myself a total beginner and have license and completed the Motorcycle Training Program.

Looking at bikes with little to no safety features like SV650/Z650 to larger more equipped bikes like a multistrada or Tuono/shiver that have traction controls, wheelie control, ABS and better suspensions. The thought being bigger bikes but all safety electronics will be very beneficial with the ability to grow into them. Also, any thoughts on twins vs online 4s appreciated.

I’m 49, 6’2” 205lbs.

Appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.

Beeman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
686 Posts
I rode the FZ-07(now MT-07), which would be similar to the Z650 or SV650, at a Yamaha demo event last year and it was a blast. I'd ask what kind of riding do you foresee doing? As always, fit is very important on a motorcycle. One of the bikes you listed may fit a lot better than the others, so that's something to consider.

Generally speaking, a twin offers less power, but it's lower in the rev range, so it's more accessable. A four has more oomph, but you've got to keep the revs up to use it. A lot of what you're asking is personal preference, so that's hard for me to answer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan on riding on weekends and in spare time. Not commuting and hopefully will take some 2 to 4 hour trips here and there. Also concerned about comfort as I’m 6’2” with long legs.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
I had an SV650. I'm 6'3" and it was fine...for about an hour. It got very cramped and no mater how I shifted my body, SOMETHING hurt after about 60-90 minutes and that was that. Mine was the SV650S model.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts