Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's the ONE THING you absoltely want on your next scooter or motorcycl?

For me it's cruise control. When I'm cruising at 7 over the l imit on a long strtch of superslab, hate have to babysit the speedometer. I want to set it and forget it? Installation of crise conro\\ on my current bike would be a complex, painful affair.

A ride on a 2014 FJR WITH integrated cruise control was almost enough to make me change teams.

How bout you. What does your next bike HAVE to have?

·
Aging & Worn
4,517 Posts
...................What does your next bike HAVE to have?
1. Cruise Control (built in, not add on)
2. Foot pads (driver and passenger
3. Passenger seat and backrest
4. Driver backrest
5. Gas Gauge
6. Windshield
7. 1000cc or higher, motor
8. Full Tire Fenders (trimmed out)
9. Hard (quick-detach) Saddle bags
10. Crash Bars
11. Highway Pegs
12. Wide White Wall Tires (front & back)
13. After market Exhaust modification for that full
"Potatopotatopotato" sound.
14. Two-tone paint job w/ lots of Chromed out parts.
15. Cruiser-style body

-Soupy

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
There are several out there that I would like to have, but I'm fine with the one I have for now. It's set up pretty much how I like it. I might want to add some bags eventually.

·
Charlie Tango Xray
759 Posts
I'm really pleased with my current bike and have no plans to replace it. I'll probably keep it until the wheels fall off or I'm too old to ride it. (Whichever comes first). But I do wish it had an outside thermometer and a compass in the gauge cluster. For those times when I'm just too lazy to use the compass on my phone, and ride a long way, going the wrong direction. :eek:

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,668 Posts
Man, I can't think of anything else I would want on a bike. Maybe a blender for on the road Margaritas. :D

Actually, I'd like a bike with less stuff on it just for me. Maybe a Sportster....

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
My next bike will probably morph out of one of my current bikes.

(Unless I get REAL lucky and find an older Sportster or Triumph or BSA or something for a song that I can twist away on.)

·
Aging & Worn
4,517 Posts
I should point out, by the way, that items 1,4,5,7,9,12 & 13 in my list above, are not currently found on my ride.

There WAS (as you may recall) a "Vista Cruise Control" on it (piece o' crap) which I took off.

There WERE Saddle bags (soft) that I took off (I'm not all that sold on full size saddle bags, so I may opt out of those on my next ride).

-Soupy

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
My next bike will be a sport-tourer, something like that Yamaha you rode Wade...l am starting to like the idea of having all the farkles, like guages for every stupid thing l can think of, a GPS and yes, cruise control. I think l will probably just wait until l have a good place for two bikes though, and keep the one l have now. It really is a great commuter.

·
American Legion Rider
18,562 Posts
I'm really liking the idea of a windshield that can be moved up or down depending on conditions. That alone isn't worth a trade though since I have just about anything you could want already. And the one bike that has that doesn't have a CB so I won't be changing unless I get more, not less. The other "wish I had" item is shaft drive. That makes the list even shorter to end up with added features. My bike is getting old enough to start causing problems though and when my extended warranty runs out I may have to bite the bullet. I did just get it back from the shop. It got dementia.

Cruise control stopped working. $50 to me but a bill in the $1,400 area and I have a new bike. Almost. They had to replace it's brain. The ECM. They replaced sensors and switches and it still didn't work. Replaced the tack, still nothing. Then the ECM and bingo. So the old tack went back in. Warranty wouldn't cover something that wasn't needed. For some reason they didn't have a problem with switches and sensors. But all this is making me start to look a little more than before. So I need an Ultra with a shaft drive and adjustable windshield. Not much there.:( Something will have to give.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I to burn my current scooter/moped with fire, and get something (preferably supersport) that does over 100. Sick of going 30 in town, and having people fly past me at 60.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I bought my current ride, a new 2013 Triumph Thunderbird 1600 ABS this past spring, and have made several minor mods to make it more suited for me (extra power outlet for the GPS, floorboards front and back, detachable windscreen, leather bags and passenger backrest, long haul seats, extra front riding lights, LED rear auxiliary lights, Kaoka throttle lock, luggage rack). But the one thing I find I wish I had was a real cruise control setup. A 6th gear indicator would also be nice, and if Triumph had offered some type of reverse gear I probably would have liked that, but the cruise control would be the main change I would like. But I don't want to make perfect the enemy of good, so I consider myself really happy with this great cruiser that can work well as a touring bike for me.

·
Lead Astronaut
405 Posts
I think I got spoiled with my first ride, it really has everything on it I would want... my only added wishlist item is a gas gauge.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Over the years I've had several bikes that seemed perfect at the time, including a Honda Shadow 1100, a Kawasaki Concours 997, and a Triumph America 865. But after a few years I'm always thinking about something even better. Part of the joy of motorcycling.

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
Bikes are like women, if you have a good one, just wait, a better one will be coming down the street after while. Just don't get too attached to the one you have now.

·
Premium Member
6,526 Posts
Need

A kick starter.
Have one on the XS11. Keep the lever in the top box. Slides on and the nut tightens by hand.

Unkle Crusty*

1 - 20 of 22 Posts