Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Eating GSXRs, Sh***ing CBRs
1,895 Posts
Amazing that the Harley stayed intact as well as it did, considering the damage to the Gixxer.

·
Registered
2015 BMW K1600GTL & 2008 Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom
1,360 Posts
wish we knew what happened in this crash - interested to know who was doing what and where.

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
wish we knew what happened in this crash - interested to know who was doing what and where.
I agree more details would be good.

There was this comment towards the end of the article which may or may not be relevant to this incidence. Seems like the writer might have been making a jab.

but that can’t save you from another rider’s stupidity or lack of respect on the road. Dragging knee caps around blind turns may seem like fun but remember there are easy riders out for a Sunday cruise too.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I agree more details would be good.

There was this comment towards the end of the article which may or may not be relevant to this incidence. Seems like the writer might have been making a jab.
Or assuming -

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
It's probably a safe assumption that a rider wearing full armor on a sport bike on a twisty highway was not riding at a sedate pace.

(Doesn't mean he was at fault either.)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
It's probably a safe assumption that a rider wearing full armor on a sport bike on a twisty highway was not riding at a sedate pace.

(Doesn't mean he was at fault either.)
Far too often gear (or not) is a fashion statement that depends on what clique you belong to. Sport-bike guys in full gear with knee sliders or a Mohawk helmet with tank top and flip-flops, Harleys in T-shirts, black boots, and jeans, ADVers in full Aerostitch or BMW garb. I think it often has less to do with proper and more to do with acceptance.

It certainly has nothing to do with correct safe riding techniques.

·
8,606 Posts
Yeah and I bet I know who went over the center line and caused the accident---Squid boy-Ricki Racer wanabee.

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Commute Racer
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Maybe he thought he was in England, since cruisers obviously don't run wide in turns from going too fast.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
I've seen both cruisers and rockets doing stupid stuff, but sometimes in the mountains I have seen far more wannabe racers on sportbikes doing stupid stuff. It seems like some of them think it's their own private test track, and have very little consideration for their fellow riders. Passing on blind curves, cutting into a group, revving their engines because the bikes doing the speed limit in front of them aren't going fast enough, and so on and so forth.

Once, a few years ago, a group of 3 riders up on the BRP did some very stupid stuff and endangered the lives of a couple of Bikers out to enjoy a comfortable putt and take in the scenery. They didn't just cause the Bikers to feel uncomfortable, they really almost caused two of them to wreck. Guess it was all about performance and those slow old Harley riders were just holding them up. Anyway, they made the mistake of stopping at a pullout to take pictures about 7 miles past the incident, and for one of them life will never look the same again.

Luckily though, most of us can get along and have enough sense and maturity to show respect for other riders we encounter on the road.

·
Commute Racer
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh, don't get me wrong, if I HAD to place a bet in Vegas on the matter, the smarter money would be on the gixxer being in the wrong, but it isn't so cut and dry that you can just assume it was his fault.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts