Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted Friday about my wallet being lost on a motorcycle trip to see my cousin. Whoever found it first had tried the debit card in an ATM, but with the wrong PIN numbers, so bank security had shut down the card before I could even get to the bank. Aside from the hassle of scrambling to get the most-needed replacement documents, I figured I came out lucky.

Well, today when the mailman came by there was a plain, heavy-duty shipping envelope, well taped-up, addressed to me with no return address. Since none of my enemies are smart or angry enough to resort to mail bombs, and thinking I recognized the shape inside, I opened it to find -- my wallet. With all contents, including the $4 cash that had been in it when lost.

I'd love to know the story, but one thing is clear -- SOMEBODY out there at least had an honest impulse.:surprise:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,120 Posts
There are honest Folks out there--thank GOD.:smile_big:

I was riding my XL 350 Baja Race bike on summer morning, in 1975 near a town called Mecca, near the Salton Sea, in southern California, when I spotted an odd looking 'LUMP' protruding from a dry stream bed, so I stopped and checked it out.:surprise:

It was a beat up but intact leather wallet, with no money, but a bunch of credit cards and a drivers license for a man in West Virginia! I eventually found his phone number and found that he'd been on a camping trip there in 1974, lost his wallet but never found it. I sent it to him:grin:

Sam:nerd:

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
I wonder if the guy that found it, tried the ATM card(s), could possibly be the guy that mailed it. Now that would be wild. His moral side getting the best of him. I doubt it but the possibility is there. More likely he threw on the ground and truly honest person picked it up and mailed. Checking to see if there was any cash left of course.:grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
ATMs have cameras.. I bet they know which one it was used at.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,495 Posts
Back in 64' a friend and I were out ridding after work on a Friday evening. This was back in the day when you got paid in cash at the en of the workday every Friday. I found out when we stopped to get something to eat and drink, I didn't have a wallet. My friend paid and we headed for home about 2 hours away. I was still living with my folks and imagine my surprise when my mom handed me my wallet as I walked in the door.

It had come out of my back pocket at a stop light. The guy behind me saw it and tried to get my attention but the light had changed and we were off in a roar so we couldn't here him yelling. He picked it up, looked at my license, and drove the 60 miles to my house to drop it off.

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
I did that with a cell phone once a long time ago - when flip phones were a thing. I found it while riding my motorcycle, picked it up and called the listing labeled "Mom" and dropped it off at her place. I guess it was her adult son's phone and she would get it back to him.

Now this was all pretty much in downtown Nashua so she didn't want to open her door far and shut it pretty quickly after I handed it to her without even saying "Thanks."

Reactions: meierjn

·
On The Road Again!
4,184 Posts
Now this was all pretty much in downtown Nashua so she didn't want to open her door far and shut it pretty quickly after I handed it to her without even saying "Thanks."
The nerve of her! LOL!!!

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Probably didn't help that I showed up in full leathers on a pretty rough looking bike.

·
American Legion Rider
25,876 Posts
And they say they don't judge us by what we wear.:crying::crying::crying:

Reactions: GatorJoe
1 - 12 of 12 Posts