Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BoomerBeach, Solar Powered in SoCal, age 72 & 1/2 .. Current Stable: Burgie 400, Honda VFR 800 & Honda CTX DCT ABS... MCs' cure depression(!?), Yeh, the CTX being my 5th acquisition since Trumpski took office. 1st bike? Age 22, a screamin blu "widow maker", '71 KaWaawSki Mach III, fastest prod bike of an era, perhaps 1st real "rice rocket"... Thought I was developing arthritis of hands, could never tighten front-end down, always left a blue cloud, screamed like a wounded Banshee @ 6750rev... Likely only guy to hit a deer at 70mph in Newport Beach CA! ....... Now a Sedated Senior enjoyin Kruz Kontrol on the Honda CTX, tourin backroads to Julian, campin Big Sur, BigFoot in Lil Creek, Spring Wildflowers in Anza Borrego Desert, Plein Air Paintin off the bike in these places, Anza thru Valley of Fire into Zion. After a long 45yr MC respite, observed that a lil 125cc Kymco scoot to be a great idea for my move to BackBay in The O.C.. Then, a 150cc, next the Burgman 400.. Wow! Near Maxi- Scoot perfection .. Until a Huge Turkey Vulture nearly took me out, ol Hwy 1, north of Santa Barbara.. The VFR a lil testy, so purty, but uncomfortable .. CTX amazin in constant "Sport Mode" DCT, moderate power, paddle-shifters(!), true comfort! Luv it! See ya around....

·
Zip
2,604 Posts
Welcome! On one of our trips to Vegas my wife and I spent a day in Valley of Fire. Amazing place! She really wished she had brought her paints, but alas there's only so much stuff you can bring with you on the airliner.

·
Premium Member
10,044 Posts
Gidday young fella from a small Island in the Salish Sea.
I had a 68 350 Kawasaki, traded it for an HI 500 Kawasaki, rode an H2 750 Kawasaki, part owned an H1R Kawasaki that we brought South for a race near you. Stupid thing seized. Sold it to Alex George in Glasgow, bought a 71 piece of junk Norton, sold it, traded in a 68 Dunstall Norton that we made go much faster until the crank broke in 74.
That is a small picture window of my riding back then. Owned several other bikes at the same time.

UK

·
American Legion Rider
26,362 Posts
WELCOME ON BOARD, and...

This site does have spambot control.
Unfortunately it is needed today.
Thanks for your introduction.
We are friendly site here. Well, most of us?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,304 Posts
Welcome Boomer, to a great forum!

It sounds like you and I could be brothers of a different mother! Basically, I could have posted that aside from a few small details:)

I was born on June 18, 1947, in Lynwood, CA and lived in Paramount, Downey and Bellflower and lastly Hemet before moving to Carthage, MO in 1999.

I met my Wife in Dana Point. Body surfed at the 'Wedge' and my Guys built the Newport fashion Mall:)

I rode the coastal trails from Oceanside to Irvine when there were no houses there:)

I miss the very active riding both street and dirt that I did with my Friends in Southern CA and especially miss the ocean as I was a Scuba diver, deep sea fisherman and owned my own powerboat and sailboat berthed in Marina's from Bolsa Chica to Ventura.

I don't miss the terrible traffic, where it took me 2 hours every morning to drive from my Home in Bellflower to my Offices in West Los Angeles nor the 2.5 hour return trip!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy and again, Welcome!

Sam:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.