Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, last July I left work, woke up in the hospital, and found out I'd been going straight through an intersection when a lady waiting to make a left turn decided she'd waited long enough to make her left turn. It's why I've been AWOL for a while.

I've spent the last seven months living with my parents while I recover, and as of yesterday, I've reached my primary goal: a Harley-Davidson FXDL. That first ride was one of the most satisfying moments of my life; I hate to toot my own horn here, but I'm pretty proud of myself considering they were afraid I wouldn't be able to walk.

Attachments

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Beautiful bike Dean. So glad to hear you survived and are able to ride again. I had wondered about you. So many folks join, are really active for a while then just kind of disappear. We don't normally find out what happened to them. Take care of yourself out there.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After this, I absolutely will, thanks!

And I'm sorry I disappeared like that. I did have Internet access, but I had enough on my plate that that went on the backburner for a while.

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,668 Posts
I have no idea what song you're talking about, but dam^ nice bike there. It's awesome you recovered and good to see you back in the saddle.

:p

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, guys! I can't describe the feeling of taking that first ride.

And Eye, believe it or not, that song was playing on TV the first time I turned the tube on after I signed the papers.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Glad you made it Dean,I wasn't sure if I would be able to get back on after my terrible crash also.After a year of healing up I finally was able to get my Dyna and have been diggin it ever since,it's in your blood bro,be safe!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, you too! You know, it's funny, when I got back from the test ride, I told everyone it was the wind getting into my helmet and past my glasses. It had nothing to do with wind, and that's all I'm gonna say about that, heh.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,443 Posts
Nice step up from the sporty Dean. Sorry to hear about your mishap but glad you are okay

1 - 16 of 16 Posts