Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had it with cigarette lighter plug adaptors, they seem to ALWAYS rattle out to where phone isn't charging heading down the road.

I've jposted elsewhere on this forum about several USB solutions, including an in-dash dual charging port you can wire up, the SAE battery CHARGING plug adaptor, and now this, which is a variation on THAT.

I like this one is put together, has "wings" for surface mounting. inline fuse, ...

from CYCLEGEAR....can't remember the price.

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, recessed moiunting is great if you have the space. Tip: Mount it somewhere where rain doesn't pour onto or collect on it; e.g. a vertical vs a horizontal surface. Those plugs are available on Amazon.com and require about a 1" hole if memory serves.

I just got sick of THINKING I was charging and arriving at my destination with a flat phone because cigarette lighter USB adaptors rattled loose. And NOTHING flattens a cellphone battery like searching for towers/wifi out in the boonies. YOU WOULD THINK mfr's would realize we don't ALL live in metropolitan areas with a tower every 3 miles and have them go down into gopher mode --- only popping up every 5-10 minutes OR if we touch the screen.

Did you know if your I*phone is COMPLETELY POWERED OFF, it's really NOT? To download new software AT&T told me to power it completely off and wait 3 minutes while they REMOTELY ACTIVATED IT and changed settings.

Unlike an Android, where you can remove the battery, you can never, 100% turn an Iphone off. They know where you are, can GPS you, can even remotely TURN IT ON any time they want.

In fact, that's how they killed drug kingpin Pablo Escobar. Turned on hs phone remotely and sent a drone after the signal. Don't believe me? Google it.

How's THAT for 1984 / Big Brother, yall?

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,668 Posts
I've got almost 30k 0n my bike and my cig. lighter adapter has never vibrated out. You should buy something that vibrates less, like a Harley.:D

·
Motorcyclist/Trucker/ Deplorable
1,052 Posts
How's THAT for 1984 / Big Brother, yall?
As a kid that movie freaked me out. I did not even scratch the surface to what was what then.

But yes on the Verticle surface is a definate for sure the scooter has lots of those. Have seen even with the rubber cover on horizontal surfaces get water in it and not only be a PITA popping the fuse but cause dirt and corrsion to built up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Cell phone charger

I've had it with cigarette lighter plug adaptors, they seem to ALWAYS rattle out to where phone isn't charging heading down the road.

I've jposted elsewhere on this forum about several USB solutions, including an in-dash dual charging port you can wire up, the SAE battery CHARGING plug adaptor, and now this, which is a variation on THAT.

I like this one is put together, has "wings" for surface mounting. inline fuse, ...

How is this working for you? I never like this plugs on my jet ski or on my bike due to weather and the cords not taking the elements. I just wanted to know how it is working.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I understand, here in FL the weather changes quickly and you can rain into and out of a shower quickly. I need one on the jet skis to track weather and location.

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
In fact, that's how they killed drug kingpin Pablo Escobar. Turned on hs phone remotely and sent a drone after the signal. Don't believe me? Google it.
You are mistaken. Escobar was found by triangulating the signal from his cell phone and then shot by members of the Search Bloc during a gun battle. The triangulation technology and other tactical training was provided by US Army Special Forces.

·
Justa anutta Human......
728 Posts

I use dialectic grease in my power plugs n it seems to keep them from rattling out.
Haven't had my GPS plug move in 2 years....
NNnnn no corrosion either....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts