Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I agree. That front end is a bit like the Ducati Panigle in my opinion. Its very ugly, but the tech is sick. One day I hope to own an R1, but I have to work my way up to it financially and skill wise.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Actually, the first time I saw the new R1, I thought of the front of a KTM RC bikes

Who told bike designers that a big hole in the front with some tucked in lights looks cool ? Yuck...hope they won't do this to all their bikes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I guess they put so much into the tech and other features that they decided to cut corners on the front end. Jokes aside, I think they are trying to get the future/modernistic look.

·
"Young Grasshopper"
351 Posts
I think the front looks sick really, the tucked headlights give it more of a track bike appearance. as for the tech wow that's insane. that bike is wicked

·
Registered
51 Posts
Im sure its an amazing machine, but i agree the headlights are ugly. I guess its been a touch and go thing with headlights over the years.. I love the rc8 and s1000r but why..? Its like they figured their bikes were the best, and **** anybody who doesnt like the headlights, Lol. I like the middle 2000's honda and yamaha split lights. Always love the gsxr bikes thenselves, and hated them at rhe same time for the cyclops lights like the dated 90s bikes. Glad they got away from that.

·
American Legion Rider
21,845 Posts
Does "Font Lift Control and Launch Control" mean no more wheelies?

·
7,784 Posts
With that amount of technology available to the public, why does it matter what she looks like. Put a paper bag over her head and enjoy!:coffeescreen:

Sam:)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I'd really like to ride a nice looking bike. Not that I'd want a 1000cc bike anyway, I'd only ride on the streets.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i kind of like it... probably less to tape off for a track day. i also like the rc390! but when the heck are motorcycle companies going to make catalytic converters look better? you can see them so much more than on a car. ruins the look of the bike in my opinion

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Here is my bike with the cats still installed.Can you spot them pillen140?

For your next question, yes, both are on the side shown in the picture.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Sorry to say you are not even close pillen. First off the passenger floorboards are shown folded up so I assume you are talking about the rear tip over protection not the passenger boards. That location is also wrong. The cats are internal to the head pipes right before they merge into the common exhausts and show no external sign whatsoever of their presence. One is located right under the rear of the driver floorboard and the other is slightly behind that one and a bit higher up in the pipe coming from the rear cylinder.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts