Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Yamaha XT250 as my first last week and have had a blast riding. Unfortunately last week on a really cold day (possible coincidence) the bike would not start. Instead of starting it started making a clicking noise while pushing the starter and the “nuetral” light would start to flash. I left it till the next day when it was warmer and had the same problem, only this time the LED lights started to fade. Eventually the lights would not come on at all and the clicking noise stopped—looks like it completely killed my battery.

So I purchased a new battery, charged it fully and tried again. Same issue—motorcycle clicks and flashes. It looked like doing this began to drain my new fully charged battery too.

So that’s where I’m at now. I tried the trick where I connected both terminals of the solenoid with a screwdriver and got a lot sparks but the bike would still not fully start.

Any help would be appreciated! I’m trying to make this bike my primary transportation so I’m trying to get it fixed ASAP.

·
American Legion Rider
26,018 Posts
It would sure be nice and appreciated, if you would introduced yourself to the community in the New Member Introduction forum. Folks tend to open up more if they believe they know someone just a little bit. 👍

1 - 3 of 3 Posts