Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yamaha
wr400

Used bike bought at low price because it dont start no more.
I tried to fix it myself for the next summer.

Carburettor has been checked by a garagist.
Decompression cable has been change.
I checked the fire and it's ok but I still have to check the gap to be sure it match the spec (0.6mm)
And as i was checking fire i saw gaz splashing from sparkplug hole

Someone told me i should check the stator.
But i would like to have double advice about what should be done next in the "wont start" troubleshooting process.

When i kickstart it, i checked for the stop button to be disactivated, i pulled the choke, crank the kickstarter until i met good restriction and kick it, again and again.

· Ace Tuner
4,162 Posts
And as i was checking fire i saw gaz splashing from sparkplug hole
That means the carburetor is flooding over.
You have a dirty or worn float valve or the float is sinking causing fuel to flood out of the carburetor. Gasoline may have (probably has) flooded past the piston rings and down into the engine crankcase. Be sure to check the engine oil for fuel or just change the oil and filter, after a carb clean/repair.

S F

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That means the carburetor is flooding over.
You have a dirty or worn float valve or the float is sinking causing fuel to flood out of the carburetor. Gasoline may have (probably has) flooded past the piston rings and down into the engine crankcase. Be sure to check the engine oil for fuel or just change the oil and filter, after a carb clean/repair.

S F
Thank you SemiFast, i will go ahead and buy new carb, oil filter and oil and i will post further advancement.

· Registered
CB125T, EX250 commuter, Ninja 250 racebike, CBR250R(MC19), VF500F, CBR600RR, VFR750F
819 Posts
Send your carburetors to this outfit for repair and restoration. Expert workmanship, reasonable fees and fast turnaround. Bike will run like brand-new!!!

Reactions: JinYiWei

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Send your carburetors to this outfit for repair and restoration. Expert workmanship, reasonable fees and fast turnaround. Bike will run like brand-new!!!

Yess already enjoy summer for riding it :)

· Registered
CB125T, EX250 commuter, Ninja 250 racebike, CBR250R(MC19), VF500F, CBR600RR, VFR750F
819 Posts
WR400F is full name of that model.

Can usually get them used.

Or as part of rebuild kit:

Reactions: JinYiWei

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WR400F is full name of that model.

Can usually get them used.

Or as part of rebuild kit:
Oh! Thank you !