Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 month warranty left = decision time!
Hi, You seem to have lots of experience with the Yamaha Whine so here's my question. Story 1st of course.
Just purchased a 2006 RSTD & have an annoying whine, seems to be similar to the clutch posts I've read. 1 month of warranty exists so I went to a local dealer & transfered the warranty to me. Also inquired about the clutch (I-Basket) situation. Long story short, Yamaha Tech Support acknowledges the issue & will do all I-Basket replacement free. Service man emphasized it would be warranted (1) time so if I'm still not satisfied = tough, & live with it because the whine will just be noticed at another RPM. Service man suggested not to change what the factory installed & accept the whine. Free is free but with a negative attitude on the part of the service man, well I'm wondering. Tried another RSTD & whine is the same. I'm also told the whine will not effect performance. So, choices are, 1. louder mufflers (already ordered) & wait to see if the sound overcomes the whine. Or 2. Plan B, have the free service done (seems like playing craps) no guarantee problem would be resolved? Thanks in advance,
Ron (Florida)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guess I'll just get some cheese to go with my whine. Hey, maybe wine & cheese is the answer, and easy on the cheese!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Whine

I just purchased a '07 RSTD a month ago and the whine is really loud at highway speeds. I bought some American Custom Bomber pipes and they sound really good but you can still hear the whine. After reading a lot of the forums on the whine and clutch baskets I decided to call the dealer where I bought my bike. Now still have years of factory warranty left on the bike and I purchased two more years. Well the guy in the service department had not heard about the "I" basket and said he would do some checking on it and let me know what he finds out. So that is where I stand on the whine. I will keep the forum informed on my satiation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts