Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I finally have the money to purchase an aftermarket exhaust for my Yamaha. Problem is, I have no idea what brand to go with, or if I want slip-ons or full pipes. I need suggestions, here's what I know I want...
I would like a deep throaty sound, I want to turn heads but not have people calling the cops. I like the look of drag pipes and slip-ons, so I'm not sure about that. I do not like short pipes. I know I'll have to re-jet, but I'm not sure how to go about that/ how much it will cost. Oh, and I was hoping to do it for under $400. Any ideas?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I also want to add highway bars with pegs. I want to a set that sticks out slightly wider than Yamaha's but not extremely wide. My total budget for mods is $600. I saw a highway bar on ebay for $93.88 but they don't show it on a bike and I can't picture how it will look in my head. Know any reliable manufacturers?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far Jardine looks like my best bet. I like the style and it seems like they have the best price too. They advertise their exhaust as slip-ons, and I've heard you shouldn't need to re-jet with slip-ons. I ynderstand how the exhaust system works and why you may need to re-jet for most mods, but does anyone know if their pipes are already set up to work with the stock jet settings?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Will, there are some slip ons that you can put on your bike that you don't have to have your carbs re-jetted. Go to a dealer and ask them. When I got my new V1100, I ask the same question you are asking now. They told me a brand that they install on a regular basis and you don't have to have the carbs rejetted. I just can't remember the name. I think it was Cobra, not sure.

Good Luck

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My neighbor has Cobra slip-ons and he did not have to re-jet. The Jardine have that smooth Drag look and are $75 cheaper or so. Cobra's look like you still have mufflers on. I think I'm going to go w/ the Jardine, I just hope they make them so you don't have to re-jet. I'll try to contact them and find out before I order I guess. Thanks...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts