Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front cylinder isn’t working it’s full potential, took the spark plugs out (both black) the back cylinder spark plug was dry running way too rich but the front was wet and black, the spark is fine and the ht lead is fine, how do I fix this is it the carb?? Also if I leave it ticking over for 5 mins the back exhaust is too hot to touch but the front is only warm and I can grab it

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
So, let's identify why your front cylinder isn't firing. I think that is a single carb bike, so fuel shouldn't be an issue. Do you have a spark tester or timing light? If so connect it to the front lead and see if it flashes.

I would also try to test the compression if able. If you don't have a tester you can take the plug out and cover the hole with your thumb. Crank the starter and it should blow past your thumb. Or you can just listen to it crank - the rythem should be somewhat even and regular.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s a double carb and I will buy a compression test and see how it goes and I’ll also test the rest could it possibly be a problem with one of the carbs as the other is fine just rich

1 - 3 of 3 Posts