Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I have a 2014 Yamaha Stratoliner “Deluxe”. It mostly sit last year due to family requirements. Anywho, the rear shock went out. It made for an exciting ride going through a round-a-bout.

I want to or would like to, just be able to replace the, well it’s not actually a shock. It’s more like a strut on a car.
I want to replace only the shock part. Can it be done, (like on a car )? If so where can one find just the shock, or an aftermarket replacement? The dealer wants $585. Although I did have one tell me that, they would let it go for under $500.

It’s backordered!

·
Registered
126 Posts
So you don't have a shock like this???

That's the adjustable version from Progressive. Here's the link.
When I found it, it was like $745. Definitely rebuild it! It's been too long since I've looked into the cost of that (edit: or who to send it to), but a unit at this high of price is definitely cheaper rebuilt.

To the OP, is cost the reason you don't want that part or is it the wrong one?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wrong part and cost. I would attempt a rebuild if I could find parts. I would like to rebuild like strut on car. By replacing shock only, retaining original spring. After all it is the shock that is bad not the spring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.