Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an '83 Maxim 400 and my tiny girl hands can only just barely reach the brake & clutch levers. Is there any way to modify them so they're just a little bit closer to the handles?

·
Premium Member
6,526 Posts
Maxim

I have an 83 Seca with an engine from a Maxim. The levers are probably the same. Newer bikes have a kink in the lever for your tiny hands.
Check with a bike shop that sells after market parts for kinky levers. The bit that fits the part clamped to the bars, is generally the same.
I will be checking online for parts for my Seca and my XS11 soon. Will look for levers too.

I have been to Salmon Arm many times.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
Another place to check is a company called "Sixty61.com"

They make all sorts of adjustable levers for bikes. (And other stuff.) I don't know if they have them for your bike, but if they don't they can likely adapt a set they do make for you.

·
Premium Member
6,526 Posts
Levers.

C T, if you go to the thread titled Motorcycle Picture Challenge, post number 2522. There is a photo of my XS400 Seca, and you can see the kink in the clutch lever. My newer Suzuki has a bigger kink. The kink on the Seca and likely your Maxim, is limited by the distance across the piece that houses the electric switches. My fingers barely reach these levers.
Check if your bike has levers like mine, or if they are straight.
The clutch cables can get stiff and hard to pull as they age. New cables pull much easier, and help diminish the problem.

Unkle Crusty*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts