Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Yamaha fz600 pure sport in the issue is That I've cleaned the carburetor multiple times. I've changed out the needles clean the fuel box replace the fuel filter change the plugs replaced the plug wiring system and the bike runs fine one minute and the next it feels like its losing power until I crack the throttle while riding it I know it's not the battery because I've changed the battery I don't understand what it is could the timing chain be the reason for a lack of power? I just don't understand what the issue is the fuel lines of perfectly fine the reason why I asked if the timing chain with do that is because when I start the bike there is a clacking noise. I've been told that it is the timing chain or the timing chain Tensioner I need help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would that cause power issues? Even when I crack the throttle and it comes out of it untill I let off?. Also it idles rough like it wants to stall at stop signs and red lights so have to keep on the throttle at both sign and red lights.

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
If the valves aren't opening far enough, it could have problems getting enough fuel mixture to cause problems. That could also make noise in the top end of the engine. It's a theory anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts