Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have recently bought the above moped and it's giving me a few issues, first one which is a right pain in the ass is that the seat chooses when it opens and I have no idea what the correct way is to open it and currently, it's jammed shut (I really need to fill up and I'm extremely close to pulling as hard as I can just to get the thing open).

I put the key in, turn it anti-clockwise nothing happens, sometimes it does, sometimes I have to push the key in and then turn anti-clockwise, again nothing but sometimes it will open it.

Second issue is that on colder mornings, It takes me 15-30 mins to start it and on occasions I can ride 100m and then the bike just cuts out, then it'll take me a further 10-15 mins to start it again.

When I bought it, the garage said they had serviced it, cleaned the carb etc and it has 12 months MOY etc etc so could this just be the fuel/air mix??

Many Thanks in advance for reading this.

·
Member Map
23,909 Posts
It sounds like the lock is getting jammed. When you get it open again, take a close look at the mechanism to see if something is worn or broken with the latch. Also try to turn the key a few times to see if the cylinder itself is binding.

My first suspect with running for a while then stopping is the fuel vent. The next time it happens, remove the fuel filler cap and see if it will start right up. If so, the vent is clogged.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Key latch. When you insert the key, try pushing down on the seat as you turn the key. That may help.

Also as far as the fuel goes. If 'venting' the gas tank doesn't work, check your gas line to make sure there are no 'kinks' in the line. I had the same problem that made me pull my hair out, until I noticed how I was pinching the gas line as I reassembled the Moped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts