Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
On The Road Again!
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I and my buddy Roy headed out this morning at 6 am, to ride for breakfast.
We went to the Runway Cafe' at Blairstown airport, a small restaurant near
the runway. (of course) We got there just after the place opened at 7 am.
There were already about 8 people there. We made ten.
We got talking to some of the folks seated around us, at least one of whom
rode out there on his bike also.
We found out that SEVEN of the people there were from the same town
as Roy and I!
That means that SEVEN people got up at the ungodly hour of 5:30 am, in
different houses, but all in my town, and then drove or rode to the same
place for breakfast, at the airport, TWO COUNTIES AWAY!
Ya can't make this stuff up!

·
Premium Member
9,867 Posts
Tomorrow morning, Sunday, if the weather is okay, I will meet 20 to 30 other guys on bikes, for morning coffee and breakfast.
We are the serious coffee bike gang, or some polite version of that. I am guessing that some travel 40 miles, while many are closer.
Ages are 40 to 80, with 60 to 75 the average. Bikes range from vintage, to sport bikes, to cruisers.

UK

·
American Legion Rider
25,975 Posts
That would seem to indicate that it's a popular place to go. We went on our monthly biker gang breakfast as well. And yes, 2 counties away. All supposed to be bikers and of the 12 there, only 4 of us fools rode bikes. And our road is all but washed out from the rains. Big gullies and washed up gravel piles or sand to deal with and we did it. And the others say they are bikers. Wrong!!!

·
Premium Member
9,867 Posts
That would seem to indicate that it's a popular place to go. We went on our monthly biker gang breakfast as well. And yes, 2 counties away. All supposed to be bikers and of the 12 there, only 4 of us fools rode bikes. And our road is all but washed out from the rains. Big gullies and washed up gravel piles or sand to deal with and we did it. And the others say they are bikers. Wrong!!!
When Noddy got knocked over by Kaptain Krunch, there were 5 or 6 bike riders in Tims at the time. But they all got there in a cage, and it was a nice day. One guy had an excuse. He was grounded due to eye surgery.

UK

·
Driftless Rider
1,554 Posts
Several years ago, I did a solo ride down the GRR with the intent of riding to St. Louis to see the Gateway Arch. (Heavy storms in that area made me pull up short and come back, but that's a different story)

Anyway, on the way back up the river I stopped in Galena, IL for the night and while checking into the hotel I started talking to a couple that came in a Goldwing.

Turns out they were from the town I was born in and new my aunt and uncle, so we decided to meet for dinner
While having the meal we were amazed that they had planned to do the same trip to see The Arch and had also turned around because of the bad weather. We just happened to pull into the same motel within minutes of each other after basically following the same roads down and back.

"Small world" is sometimes a cliché for a reason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts