Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a replacement rubber for my XS1100H standard,
A MT2.50xN17 rim.
I bought a nice XS1100SH special wheel that has the brake rotor, and an 80% dunlop 491 on it. Really good tread.
So I cleaned it up good, took the mount off, and cleaned the bolts, nuts and made this nil scratch rim like new..but

I painted the rotor, and wheel XO rust blue, with metal flake sprinkle to match my scheme, then polished the accents with no.7.
ready to mount.

What I need is good rubber for my 2.5x17. 90%... new?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is a big difference between the wheels on these XS1100 models. I read on the XS11 site that they can be used, but require big mods to make them work. from what I see on mine, you rwould have to grind off the swing frame for the wider tire, and shim the brake away from the wheel. 1. the tire will rub on the swing frame 2. the brake binds up on the rotor when the axle is tightened. 3. the wheel, being a full inch smaller, is going to make this machine extremely torquy! I would not suggest this mod, as it will make the horsepower very very dangerous!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tire size vs wheel size

the 2.50x17 wheels on this machine take the 4.50 H 17 A K112 German Continentals. The size of the modern tires that fit this bike are 120/90 17 H , it will also take the 110/100s.

there are only a few of this size available anymore, most cruisers use much larger tires with smaller diameter wheel.

I would gladly trade this 16" wheel, rotor and +80% tire for a good 120/90 rubber to fit my 17"...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts