·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yes.... it has 300 cc's over the CB750
Well yes.... it has raked forks, and has extraordinary handling capabilities
Well yes.... its fairing stops the wind which used to toss and slow me
Well no... it doesn't stop as fast as the CB750

After that, the day of the superbike ended. Well yes... it was about time.

Guys I need a name for my browngold XS with orange and black gunmetal flake accents. It has metal flake horse heads on the side covers, a styrofoam insulated Japanese food box on the rear over a custom cadillac tailight.

"Patriotic nightmare" is camo brown/gold, and I don't feel right using that name... only serious replys please, i'm manic depressive and anything might make me jump on my bide and ride away....

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
LED vs incandescent

Well I am sooooo smart.

I went shopping for some LED bulbs to lower the amps my custom tail is drawing... like after all that testing and thinking, the rear bulb is drawing 6 amps over my chargers capability... no good for any ride over like a mile or two....

Now here i am drooling over this Ebay sale of led bulbs and like I buy a big lot because they are cheap and after I am broke, I think..."these bulbs fit the blinkers, but not that d*** cadillac taillight..." so after all that I change like 54 watts into like 30, which is only about 20 of the out of about like 150 I need to lose.
The doc was right, I am manic depressive.
"sometimes I think electronic brains are my imagination and that the entire world is against me"...

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
For some reason I thought you were getting an 1100 Classic.

Don't know about bikes electrical system, never had a reason, but the 6 amps sounds like alot of juice by itself, without however much your charging system produces.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All,

I am in the process of restoring a 1979 Yamaha 1100 xs Special. I am having trouble figuring out why my front turn signals come on and stay solid, no flash, my rear ones don't come on at all. The bulbs are working. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I believe the problem is in the rear turn signals, I think because one left signal doesn't work the other will not flash.

First check to see if you're getting juice to the rear.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The electricals on these are very tempermental.
If all the bulbs are right, and that is including the connection to any fairing(which is extremely sensitive since the bike is about 30 yrs old) It is probably the flasher. there are 2. one for the emergency system and one for the blinkers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts