Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Nightfly
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Still one of my all time favorite bikes. The local dealer had one for sale about a year ago but I felt the price was too high. On second thought, maybe not.

The R in the title line will not stay capitalized. No idea..

Attachments

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,140 Posts
That would be a cool engine transplant TR and a wonderful conversation piece:grin:

Sam:nerd:

·
Nightfly
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be a cool engine transplant TR and a wonderful conversation piece:grin:

Sam:nerd:
I agree Sam, it absolutely would. I would like it even better if I had it sitting in the middle of my living room just so I could stare at it. Taking it out only on the most perfect of riding days. Not street legal but that's just a small problem. I haven't had my Sportster inspected in years, they just don't seem to notice.

·
On The Road Again!
4,204 Posts
I agree Sam, it absolutely would. I would like it even better if I had it sitting in the middle of my living room just so I could stare at it. Taking it out only on the most perfect of riding days. Not street legal but that's just a small problem. I haven't had my Sportster inspected in years, they just don't seem to notice.
With my luck, they'd catch me immediately. :grin:
But motorcycles no longer get inspected in New Jersey. :devil::devil::devil:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yep, those are just correctly proportioned bikes -- don't think I'd transplant the engine -- put on lights and find an understanding inspection station (jurisdiction dependant, of course) and ride it... never really cared for the twingle-sound, but of course they did that for torque off the corners... great looking machine... Somewhere I've got a picture of a guy who set up an Evo Big-Twin like that on a home rig-frame, and you had to look twice to realize it wasn't the 750...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts