Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Late nite, Northrn Arizona, pitch black on Hwy 277 between Heber and Payson./ I`m in a big Chevy K1500 pickup. Suddenly big debris in the road. I swervee to avoidd whata looks like an entire retread from a 18 wheeler andd thenrun over ssomemthing else. Damn! But the guy on the shoulder obviusly hit it a lot harder thann I did and I pull over to help, and get the debris out of the roadd. (ssoorrrry ccrappy new keybooarad)..

He`s in a big Dodge 3500 towing a scisorss lift and the trailer shredded a tirie. He`s out of the roadway but barely. he`ss got one working flasher on the truck and one on the trailer. unftnaely it`s not the left one on the trailer so ccars are flying by inches by the guys trying to change the tire at 70, 80mph

If i ddidnt keep a cheap floor jack in my truck they wouuld have been up shiit creek. i stood with a flahlight tryiing to slow cars down and get them to move ovver to the other lane. A set of headlightss is headedd right towards me. i wave the flashlight, right, left, up down, still right towards me, not sslowing down one bit. finaly at the last posible moment a Jeep CJ jerks into the other lane andd avoids running me and thee tire changers over. Whew

What ddo these ddrivers THINK is going on when someone is pointing a light right at them at night on the highway?? That I`m saying "hi??" a few slow waaay down and to them ii am grateful

Lesssons learned. A flashlight is invnaluable. Get youur damnn trailer lights fixed. Carry breakdown tools, a big enough jack. Make sure your spare has air i n it. Check your trailer tires efore every trip, not after theey blow out. If I hadnt come along theese guys might sttill be on the sside of the road. Ded

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any "why" are you NOT on your bike????

-Soupy
Moving my stuff down to my winter riding HQ, Sun City AZ. ALL inmatess who are orphanedd for the holidays are welccomee to come down and ride, house camp. How about you Soup? Don't be shy inmates, just let me know you
're coming p lenty of room!

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
I've been to Arizona (Phoenix, Tempe)..........no thanks. WOULD like to be able to "ride year round" though.

-Soupy

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,871 Posts

Lessons learned. A flashlight is invaluable. Get your damn trailer lights fixed. Carry breakdown tools, a big enough jack. Make sure your spare has air in it. Check your trailer tires before every trip, not after they blow out. If I hadnt come along these guys might still be on the side of the road.
Ded
Been trying to tell people this for years .. Hopefully a Few Listened Anyway ..

:71baldboy:

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,665 Posts
Jeez, at the very least carry a jack. I carry a six-cell Maglite in my truck and a small floor jack just in case the crappy jack that came with the truck won't, raise my boat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts