Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Visionary
5,413 Posts
210 hp, the supercharger is geared up to run at 130K rpm.. yeah it can probably keep up with traffic :)
I'd like to hear what that thing sounds like !

·
Premium Member
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love Duc's, they are simply amazing when they are not broken down......I'll take the Kawasaki. :)
I understand that love/hate relationship with Italian rides. I had not one, but two Fiat Spiders (1974 and 1980). Yep, they were great when they ran, handled like a dream, spent a fortune to keep them on the road. And talk about a guy magnet-- too bad they were all tow truck drivers. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love Duc's, they are simply amazing when they are not broken down......I'll take the Kawasaki. :)
Fair point. Although, much like H-D, Duc reliability has gotten significantly better. Not as good as Honda, but good enough to be a minor consideration vs a show stopper. The service network is a bigger issue. I'll take Duc. :)

·
American Legion Rider
26,418 Posts
The service network is a bigger issue.
That's the thing that has stopped me. I've considered them but at that time I travelled too much and just couldn't afford a breakdown and have service 200 miles or more away. So it was Harley or Honda as my choices. Later I got brave with a BMW. And just before I slowed way down on traveling I consider one again but Polaris and Indian won out. And Indian service network is still questionable which would suggest I might have gotten a Duc soon if I hadn't triked the Indian instead. Too much money tied up in that thing now to ever consider a Duc anymore.

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 SE LT+
348 Posts
A group of 60 - 70+ year old ex amateur racers from the Green Bay area (we call ourselves the "Old Coots on Scoots") takes a 4-5 day tour each year. This photo is from 2019... check out the next-to-farthest bike.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Vehicle

1 - 17 of 17 Posts