Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I just received my 2009 Harley Davison XR1200 sportster today. 1,200 original miles! The closest Haul bikes could get to my place with his 70' rig was at the WALMART in town. Fortunately for me, it wasn't snowing...at the moment. Freaking cold as a witches' tit in a brass bra on the dark side of the moon though, but only a one mile ride.
LOVE the bike. 95hp...Plenty of power for this old coot. I'd been looking for a pristine XR of this style and color for a long time. Haulbikes is great. $500.00 from Montana to W. Washington.
Anyhoo, I'll post some photos of it here. Meanwhile, hoping for warm weather with many of you. Be safe out there! :)

And here is my riding weather! :(

·
Premium Member
8,665 Posts
Always nice in orange. And there is even a movie about one. Forgot the name for now. Tell me again where in W Washington you are. Assuming it is Washington State.
We are slowly getting more members from WA. The BC mob does not seem to stick around. UK

·
8,416 Posts
Love that model Sportster!!!! That is a keeper for sure.:)
Sam

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Always nice in orange. And there is even a movie about one. Forgot the name for now. Tell me again where in W Washington you are. Assuming it is Washington State.
We are slowly getting more members from WA. The BC mob does not seem to stick around. UK
Thanks, UK. Clallam County, way out on the Olympic Peninsula.

·
Premium Member
8,665 Posts
Thanks, UK. Clallam County, way out on the Olympic Peninsula.
Got it. I have been in to Clallam Bay a few times, but not touched land. Also been up and down the straight a few times on the Canadian side. Our best time was five hours, Clallam Bay to Victoria. 40 nautical miles for an average of 8 knots in a 28 foot sail boat. In the dark too. Used to be only the 40 footers could average 8. On the land side, I have been to Port Angeles, and will do so again, once the races start again at the Ridge down in Sheldon. UK

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got it. I have been in to Clallam Bay a few times, but not touched land. Also been up and down the straight a few times on the Canadian side. Our best time was five hours, Clallam Bay to Victoria. 40 nautical miles for an average of 8 knots in a 28 foot sail boat. In the dark too. Used to be only the 40 footers could average 8. On the land side, I have been to Port Angeles, and will do so again, once the races start again at the Ridge down in Sheldon. UK
Cool beans! My Aunt and Uncle used to race their sailboat from Sacramento to the San Juan Islands years ago. Can't recall the name of that race, but it was a biggy.
I was fishing once in the middle of the straits, the fog rolled in fast and thick, 10' visibility. Started hearing the chugging of a freighter getting close. I managed to get out unscathed, but nearly required a fresh set of tighty whities afterward. :)

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
2,374 Posts
Nice looking bike. About the only H-D that interests me.

Stay Well

I seriously thought about getting one back then. Good looking bike imo

·
On The Road Again!
3,727 Posts
Welcome back, Old Winger!
Good luck with Sportster!

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Nice!!!
I remember reading the people that hate winter the most, have a new bike in the garage. Well, it don't have to be brand new. (y)

·
Visionary
4,402 Posts
Nice bike, hope you get some riding weather soon!

·
Premium Member
8,665 Posts
Google found it for me. I click the + sign above, type in a name, and Google finds it for me. I exit that page and come back here, full of new found knowledge. UK

1 - 20 of 30 Posts