Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have a k25 gs adventure BMW 2013 with 33000km.

Some guy is asking if a would trade it for a Honda Crosstourer 1200. 2016 model with 18000km.

What would you do?

Need help.

Thanks!

·
7,446 Posts
No, don't do it. That model Honda is a dealer only for service type vehicle and it's very expensive to do so, whereas your Beemer, depending on which model, is very easy to service, with parts available all over the world.

I've had 5 BMW's, one being a 1999 R1100GS and it was super easy to take care of, since everything is right out in plain sight.
I have a k25 gs adventure BMW 2013
What in the world is a K25 ??????

Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
692 Posts
What in the world is a K25 ??????
I'm pretty sure that's BMW's model designation. Like they denote my R1150RT as a model R22. In the motoscan tool that I used for OBD diagnostics on my bike that's how I have to select my bike, by the R22 model designation.

·
7,446 Posts
A 'K' series was never a GS :)
Sam

·
Registered
692 Posts
This is not a plug for MAX BMW, but this snip from the 2013 R1200GS parts fiche page from their website shows what I'm talking about. Notice the K25 in parentheses.

·
Registered
692 Posts
And yeah, I do have to kinda wonder what a K75GS would be like ;)

To the OP: I would bet that the day after you trade away your R1200GS you'll be sorry you did. Unless you trade for an R1200RT ;) I love my RT.

·
7,446 Posts
"This is not a plug for MAX BMW, but this snip from the 2013 R1200GS parts fiche page from their website shows what I'm talking about. Notice the K25 in parentheses. " Roger's quote.

Thanks Roger, I stand corrected :)

The 16,000 KM service fees at a Dealership costs between $600 to over $1,000, because to get to anything on the bike, like the plugs, air filter and those 16 pesky little VALVES entails taking the entire top of the bike apart, with all of that wonderful 'tupperware' that Honda loves to use.

Throw your dice:)

Sam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts