Motorcycle Forum banner
61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did the same thing!! I put 12,000 miles or so on my Shadow and then got a 2010 Honda NT700V sport tourer. I picked up a 2008 NINJA 250R CL special sometime during the 35,000 miles I put on the NT. Then I sold both and bought a new 2015 NINJA 1000 ABS which I LOVED!!! Unfortunately, it came up on the losing end of a Honda Pilot and was totated at 23,xxx miles. I rode a 2017 NINJA 300 ABS KRT for a year and a half and 14,xxx miles (Yeah, I know--NOBODY puts 14,000 miles on a NINJA 300 in a year and a half--except me.😊). I now have 12,xxx miles on my 2018 NINJA 650 ABS KRT that I bought new in February. Hopefully this one will be the keeper for a long time!🤞
You must live in a temperate climate to put that many miles on your bike! Good for you and be safe out there - no more mishaps! I'm looking forward to the spring to plan some more meaningful trips.

Question for anyone with mechanical knowledge - just recently (and I just had the bike serviced) when I'm shifting gears, it feels like its slipping into neutral and the engine light comes on very briefly. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
1,421 Posts
You must live in a temperate climate to put that many miles on your bike! Good for you and be safe out there - no more mishaps! I'm looking forward to the spring to plan some more meaningful trips.

Question for anyone with mechanical knowledge - just recently (and I just had the bike serviced) when I'm shifting gears, it feels like its slipping into neutral and the engine light comes on very briefly. Any thoughts?
I started my riding career in Iowa 12 years ago; I've been in the Ozarks for almost six years now. I've done some touring with my bikes, plus I invested in heated gear when I moved south. (y)

61 - 62 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.