Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Visionary
5,663 Posts
The 4 bikes ( 2 Scouts, Hawk, and Kingpin) that don't get Winter ridden get their tanks filled up with fresh gas with Stabil added, ridden a few miles to get that through the system and then get plugged in and stuck together in the corner of the garage. All had reasonably fresh oil in them so no oil changes needed, if it was old I would have changed it too.
The fuel systems were winterized 2 weeks ago but haven't plugged them in yet, good reminder that I should do it.

The 4 that we do ride all year I usually start plugging them in around now to keep the batteries 100%, since we use heated gear, heated seats, grips, etc on them and sometimes I don't think the charging system keeps them 100% with the heavy loads. Just a precaution but it can't hurt.

· Visionary
5,663 Posts
Well I HAD a heated garage..
I went out there last night to plug in some chargers and add some air to tires, and I figured it was a good idea to throw the breaker and turn on the heat to the winter standby ( 40F) since it's been dropping down to 25F most nights and it was 34 in the garage, I have fluids I don't want to freeze.
The heater elements came on, but the fan didn't, apparently the fan motor seized up over the summer. I'll take it apart tonight ( I wonder if I can get the fan out 12 feet in the air or if I have to remove the whole unit..we shall see) and see if I can lubricate and revive the fan motor or if I have to replace it.
Oh well...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts