Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it looks like riding has become more than a “getting it out of my system thing” I initially took the MSF and bought a bike thinking it would only last as long as my mid life crisis. But after reading numerous post on this forums and seeing the road from a different view it looks like this is something I will be doing for the foreseeable future. Which means I now need to make the investment. So without further ado here is my winter shopping list.

A bigger bike-I currently ride a 750 which is good for the country back road cruising, small shopping trips and riding to the gym. I can’t help but thinking that something with a little more umph would encoutage me to ride a lot more.

Better riding gear. What I have now is adequate for the riding being the beginner I am and the amount of riding I do, but if I plan on doing even more in the future I want to feel secure and comfortable at the same time.
Nice sized saddle bags to carry more than small groceries and my gym clothes.

GoPro camera- I just spent my 40th in Vegas and finally got to see these in action in person. We were Skydiving and the ease of handle and the quality of the video and pictures of these things are amazing.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Yeah, l have my own shopping list...

Modulated lighting, front and back
Body lighting kit
Armored jacket
Rain suit
New helmet
Handlebar risers

I am sure when l get all that bought l will have a new list :)

·
American Legion Rider
20,701 Posts
Yep, it never ends. Even on my Electra Glide Ultra I still see things I'd like to add or change. It just never ends. Too many goodies available now. Things for you or the bike. Not a cheap hobby by any stretch of the imagination.

·
American Legion Rider
20,701 Posts
Ah man, now you just reminded me just how danged old I am.:(

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Well it looks like riding has become more than a “getting it out of my system thing” I initially took the MSF and bought a bike thinking it would only last as long as my mid life crisis. But after reading numerous post on this forums and seeing the road from a different view it looks like this is something I will be doing for the foreseeable future. Which means I now need to make the investment. So without further ado here is my winter shopping list.

A bigger bike-I currently ride a 750 which is good for the country back road cruising, small shopping trips and riding to the gym. I can’t help but thinking that something with a little more umph would encoutage me to ride a lot more.

Better riding gear. What I have now is adequate for the riding being the beginner I am and the amount of riding I do, but if I plan on doing even more in the future I want to feel secure and comfortable at the same time.
Nice sized saddle bags to carry more than small groceries and my gym clothes.

GoPro camera- I just spent my 40th in Vegas and finally got to see these in action in person. We were Skydiving and the ease of handle and the quality of the video and pictures of these things are amazing.
Now that you have the bug it is time to narrow things down a bit. Do you plan or want to do long miles in the saddle? If you do you need to be looking for a touring bike. My Vision is one of those but Yamaha, Kawasaki, HD, Suzuki and others all make touring bikes that should be considered. If you have no intention of touring type riding, do you want to do lots of 100 to 200 miles trips? In that case a cruiser type bike might be in your future. Again all of the manufacturers make bikes in that configuration. Next up is no particular focus. If you ride often but seldom ride far in a single ride, maybe a "standard" would suit you. They are great bikes for sub-50 mile rides with an occasional longer ride. I don't know of any manufacturer that doesn't make a "standard". HD even makes them in the form of the new Street 500 and 750.
Before you get lost in all of the available models, sit down and examine what direction you really want to go. It will help you decide which of that huge assortment to take seriously.

·
Registered
943 Posts
This winter my '83 Shadow is getting a good mechanical tuneup and going over in addition to:

- a windshield
- forward controls
- auxiliary front lights
- additional rear lights
- maybe a lowering kit

·
Registered
46 Posts
My list:

New Helmet
leather jacket or leather suit
a new Action cam (my contour is dead)

but.....oops.....I've just bought a new Bike:biggrin::biggrin: then it wil be for next spring;)......maybe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts