Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
18,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look out...here it comes. Coldest snap of the year due to hit here tomorrow. Just in time for Veterans Day stuff. Going to be a cold riding day for me. I'll be getting all my electric stuff out today. Last blast wasn't too bad but this one sounds like it will be the real deal. Even sounds like Florida will get a taste of a mild winter for a change. Get ready folks!!!

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,668 Posts
Yep, they're calling for next Monday's low to be around 20+/- a couple of degrees. I was going to go down and winterize our lake place the weekend before Thanksgiving, but it looks like I'll have to hall down there this coming weekend. I already did both boats a few weeks ago, but a blown air compressor line kept me from blowing the water lines out.

·
American Legion Rider
18,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha. I do not miss my boat in the least. More of a money pit actually.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Yup, COLD here to. Forecast temps for the coming week are between 5F and 17F but I refuse to give up! I don't put my bikes into storage - just tend to them in the garage - so if we get a nice day, I'll have a bike out.

·
American Legion Rider
18,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are one tough cookie DianneB. I wuss out at 20º.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
ODE, are you sure you can wait until next weekend? They are giving lows in the 20's here starting tomorrow night. Our boat and motor home are ready for winter. Took care of that last week.

·
8,668 Posts
ODE, are you sure you can wait until next weekend? They are giving lows in the 20's here starting tomorrow night. Our boat and motor home are ready for winter. Took care of that last week.
Got no choice, the shop is swarmed right now.

·
American Legion Rider
18,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are probably like motorcycles. I had mine nearly 35 years ago. I'm sure they improved drastically. Plus, mine was a customized race model and you know exactly what that means. SO I truly had a money bit.

·
8,668 Posts
They are probably like motorcycles. I had mine nearly 35 years ago. I'm sure they improved drastically. Plus, mine was a customized race model and you know exactly what that means. SO I truly had a money bit.
Yeah the boat has a 305 Chevy engine with a Mercruiser Alpha 1 outdrive, you can't get much more reliable IMO. I learned from my Hot Rod days, to only strive for performance on things I don't mind breaking down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts