Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a month of riding and after hearing what the vets think about windshields as much as I like the way my bike looks without one I'm already tired of having a death grip and feeling like a parachute at 70-80 mph. Sometimes I feel like I'm holding on for dear life when my speed gets up, tho for some reason one stretch I ride to work seems worse than another with one being tolerable and the other seeming like I'm going to get blown off my bike at 70+mph.

But I am overwhelmed with all the options for a windshield and I have a tendency to look at everything before I buy something over $100; I'm new to motorcycles too so I have no base of knowledge to work with. I have yet to price them at my local retailer but I've looked at several sites. I like the smaller ones that flow better with my bike so I want as small of one that I can get that I will still get some wind blockage out of, also it seems the smaller ones will be less likely to catch gusts of wind or wind off of trucks. I saw a bullet fairing that looked cool but not one that it said would fit my bike. Anyways if you had a suggestion that would fit a 2007 Suzuki C50 that would look good on a grey bike that would be awesome, a price and a place to get it wouldn't suck. And if you had a pic of it on a bike that would be cool too, if it was on a C50 that make you a god in my eyes. Basically I just need an elf to come to my house as I sleep and install the one I want that I don't know I want on my bike, I've been a good boy this year. :71baldboy:

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Here's one with the suzuki windshield

http://www.lexingtonmotorsports.com/new_galleria.asp?veh=384418&CatDesc=Motorcycles&ModelYear=2014

notice how close it fits to the forks, comes down at the rear of the headlight, gives plenty of room for a lightbar.

My Memphis Shades sticks out from the forks a little bit more and is angled up, the rake may be adjustable I don't know haven't looked it sits just right for me. However if I were to add a lightbar it would have to be some of them tiny lights, or some lights that mount to the forks without a bar.

I'll get some pictures later, but next week I think I will be able to mount the Memphis Shades Drop-Top to it so you can see how it looks.

Forgot to mention the Suzuki also has a nice big Boulevard emblem on the front. If you do a google on C50T you can find plenty of pictures with the stock windshield, leave off the T and probably find pictures of many different windshields.

·
A legend in his own mind
2,600 Posts
Check J&P Cycles, order a free catalog. I find it easier when I can see the different styles side by side. Dennis Kirk also but most places will have the same aftermarket shields. Once you've decided on what you want, you can shop for the best deal.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the pics. I still prefer the look with no shield but it is growing on me and I am still picking june bugs out of my teeth from riding tonight so I'm warming more and more to the idea. Although I got it up to 90 mph tonight and it felt great with no shield so the wind isn't bothering me as much but the bugs are a whole new issue after riding at night.

I did run into a new issue after checking with three cycle stores today and that is that the riding lights, which offer awesome illumination, are in the way of mounting a shield so I was looking more at handle bar mounts like the mephis shooter.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I finally found the pic of mine right after putting the Memphis Fats on....if I remember right (and I may not lol) this is the 21"...being 6'2'' this is the one that "fit" me best

as for your lights, if they mount the way I think they do, you can just flip them to the bottom of the signal stalks and they should be out of the way

1 - 7 of 7 Posts