Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WARNING:

You will not be able to unsee this photo.

You will also NEVER be able to ride in sneakers again.

You've been warned...

http://imgur.com/gallery/ZqH1NpA

"Why do people think that any sort of normal clothing would stand up to what is essentially a giant bench grinder when you're going 60mph."

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
WARNING:

You will not be able to unsee this photo.

You will also NEVER be able to ride in sneakers again.

You've been warned...

http://imgur.com/gallery/ZqH1NpA

"Why do people think that any sort of normal clothing would stand up to what is essentially a giant bench grinder when you're going 60mph."
I can't .............I can't.........I just can't "look!"

Heck! Even when wearing the PROPER riding gear, I hear horror stories of how much bodily damage can STILL occur.

-Soupy

·
Registered
257 Posts
My problem is that I need wide shoes, so that rules out 99% of motorcycle footwear. Thats why I wear work boots. I know that its not ideal but its my best option.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
My problem is that I need wide shoes, so that rules out 99% of motorcycle footwear. Thats why I wear work boots. I know that its not ideal but its my best option.
If you find a pair, let me know. I've got elephant feet myself and have a hard time finding any shoe to fit. I blow out even wide width shoes within 2 months. Heels don't work for this chick, there's no way I can pour my feet in them. They need to be molded around my foot....

·
Registered
40 Posts
That is just nasty,

I see so many people when it is warm and nice out riding in flip flops and shorts with a tank top , with a lady on the back in a bikini top and daisy duke shorts.
What are those people thinking.

·
Motorbike Macgyver
325 Posts
Damn. See, my bike only goes about 30 because it's a home built light motorcycle, I think I'm more likely to suffer broken bones and other injuries from a collision than any serious injuries from a wipeout. I ride in shorts and flip flops in the summer, jeans and sneakers in fall and spring, boots in the winter. I don't wear a tank top, usually a t-shirt, and my bike is a one-seater, so no passengers. I do wear a DOT helmet though.

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you find a pair, let me know. I've got elephant feet myself and have a hard time finding any shoe to fit. I blow out even wide width shoes within 2 months. Heels don't work for this chick, there's no way I can pour my feet in them. They need to be molded around my foot....
You may want to try a man's boot. a regular width man's boot is a wide width in women's sizes. We went thru this with the wife and found the solution.

Ops

·
Registered
257 Posts
The only ones I ever found were Harley boots that looked like black work boots with the steel toe and with the Harley shield on the side.
For what they cost, you could have bought a nice pair of Red Wings.
Id love to have a pair of sportbike boots with the armor that helps to protect my feet in the case of a crash but thus far Ive got nothing, so Im just rocking the work boots. I know its not ideal but its better than tennis shoes or flip flops.
Every time I see a college kid on a sportbike in a tank top, shorts, tennis shoes, no gloves and no helmet it makes me cringe.
I couldnt even imagine riding without full gear.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
You may want to try a man's boot. a regular width man's boot is a wide width in women's sizes. We went thru this with the wife and found the solution.

Ops
Even the mens sizes are tight on my feet. Not kidding about having elephant feet...

·
Charlie Tango Xray
763 Posts
My wife has a terrible time finding shoes for her cute little wide feet too. They're a womens size 6, but <w i d e>. I call her paddle foot.;)
:icon_mad:"They're wide, not fat!":icon_mad:

·
Very Famous Person
9,810 Posts
--

Man, show that photo around and you will have a lot of riders switching over real quick. It pains me, too, to see a bike with bikini clad riders. That's even more extreme.

I would suggest for those of you who can't wear "regular" biking boots, that any boot that stays on is still pretty good protection.

--

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I just showed my girlfriend and thanked her for the boots she just bought me last week.

I feel so much more confident riding in proper gear. I found a great deal on a decent pair of Sedici boots for about $100. I also always wear my gloves, which have armored knuckles, my jacket, a bright orange safety vest and, of course, a helmet.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Zippy I wear a men's 13-E so I understand having large feet. I actually found a pair of HD branded boots at a local outlet mall that fit me. I have no idea who makes them but larger sized boots can be had.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts