Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
6,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/24/global-warming-pause/

This is motorcycle related because I've been waiting for Global warming to kick in so that I can ride comfortably in the heartland.:p

As anyone with a sentient mind knows, this global warming thing was a big farce and another attempt by special interest groups at controlling the general population or "Sheeple" if you will.:icon_mad:

One tenth of one percent in the last 18 years---my, my, my, the sky is falling.;)

Everything is cyclical.:icon_cool:

The Earth heals itself.:icon_cool:

Will Al Bore go into reclusion and give back all of the millions he's made telling a lie????? Hardly.;)

30 years ago, the sky was falling over global cooling and we should all be covered in 100 feet of ice by now.:confused:

These so called scientist should just shut up and cure the common cold:biggrin:

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
Depends on where you are, ours was one of the coolest in a while. This year is even cooler. Climate change is a total hoax, the earth got cold and warm long before automobiles and lawn mowers were used, ask the dinosaur.

·
American Legion Rider
18,588 Posts
And they keep believing don't they. No wonder they bought hook line and sinker the "hope for change". Sheeple doesn't even come close to describing these folks.

·
Left. No, the other left.
209 Posts
Luvs2Play and hogcowboy - I'm curious. Why do you think climate change is a hoax?
Not trying to pick a fight, just wondering.

·
6,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guapo, did you even read the link I posted??

How warm were you in NYC this winter?

In my opinion, it is only the tree hugging, left wing, save the endangered flea type folks, who cry WOLF all the time and believe this poop. The left has drank fully of the poison cool-aid and will tow the party line until the end.:confused:

Weather patterns change and are recurring or revolving in cycles and have been over the entire history of this planet.

Someone in power who shall remain unnamed ,for some reason wants us to completely conform to some idea he has that we the people that elected him (?) are evil as is our country , because we are the leaders of the free world and he wants to force us to all come down to his Marxist ideology and from now on to be dependent on the Government to make all decisions, regardless of law or the constitution, legislating by Fiat or his famous VETO pen as he turns this country up side down.

The Earth is not flat.

Sam:biggrin:

·
Left. No, the other left.
209 Posts
I did read the article.
I also did some additional reading - never trust one source.

There are plenty of sites that say global warming is natural, plenty that say it's man-made.

So I'm just asking, why do you believe one, not the other?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Earthquake in Washington, DC; record snow fall for Boston; Rockaway Bay and Atlantic Ocean combining in Far Rocaway, NY. Something is definately changing. What I don't know.

·
American Legion Rider
18,588 Posts
Luvs2Play and hogcowboy - I'm curious. Why do you think climate change is a hoax?
Not trying to pick a fight, just wondering.
You're kidding, right? Do you believe in 4 seasons? The climate is always changing. This ball of dirt/water has had several ice events and heat events. It's a given dude!!! Two legged creatures had nothing to do with the last ice age did they? We may or may not be contributing to another.

How about criminals are contributing to "climate change" since they sit and do nothing 24/7. That actually has more merit than Al Gore's hoax which is a snapshot of what is happening at best. Yes, the climate changes. We know that. History says it will happen again. With or without man. Do you not get that or have they stopped teaching that too?

BTW, I'm all for removing the criminals as an experiment to see if I'm wrong about them contributing to "climate change".:D

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
The earth has warmed and cooled since they can go back in time to verify with science rather than voodoo. It is a natural occurrence, and it happens with every planet in the solar system, and the sun. Man contributes nearly nothing to global warming or climate change, whatever it's called today, but a single volcano eruption does more to effect the climate in a day than man has contributed since the beginning of time. It is a hoax created to scare people into finding other forms of energy, forms that will be created by companies that are owned by politicians, and fruit cakes like aL gORE.

·
Registered
886 Posts
There was no earthquake in DC, that was in or near Centreville, Virginia, it was felt over most of the east coast of the US. Earthquakes also happen in the mountains of northern Maryland semi regularly but are of such a small magnitude they are almost imperceptible. Minor temperature changes of five to ten degrees for a year or two are also only a blip on the climate scale. An ice age or warming periods that encompass hundreds or thousands of years have happened in the past but what the scientists are saying is the sky falling(figuratively) are only regular cycles that happen. Their cries are for money and publicity.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Much better. Here's what I took away from that link. One, weather stations are being hugely reduced because most of the ones they had were ****. Budget was likely another big factor.

Two, they're pretty upfront about how things can affect the data and how they manipulate it in order to get usable information out of it. It does make a difference what time of day and with what equipment you take your readings. I'm willing to bet that if you did more digging you could even find the actual reports, where they detail exactly how and why they manipulated the data.

Three, determining average temperature is a little more complicated than reading a bunch of thermometers, adding it all together, and then dividing by the number of weather stations. Cutting stations is not going to do their accuracy any favors, but it's not so simple a process that it can be rigged by only measuring in the tropics.

·
Troublemaker
2,520 Posts
All I know is that my furnace is still running, and that is a month longer than it ever has before. So, in my area, there is now warming and I am getting damn tired of it!

·
Registered
467 Posts
"All I know is that a motorcycle crashed in my neighborhood last year and the rider died. So motorcycle riders will always die young, and I'm getting damn tired of how my taxes are going to cover their medical bills."

1 - 20 of 45 Posts