Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im 19 and just got hired by my cat dealer in Florida. Im currently at the school they sent me to for 8 week then Im back for hands on training for 8 weeks and i do that for 2 years. I love diesel motors! Im on here because i recently saw a couple videos on youtube on diesel bike builds and immediately decide thats what Im going to build when i get to go home for those 8 weeks at a time. I plan on putting a 46ci tubocharged cat diesel engine on a bike and I made an account just for any questions Ill have. Primarily what transmission can I put in that can handle that torque. It only has about 20 horse with out the turbo but has well over 100lbs of torque.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. That should be an interesting build. Take plenty of pictures to share with us.

·
Registered
15 Posts
diesel?

That sounds really different. I wonder if its gonna rattle and whirr like a super duty or ram? Lol. That's gonna be different. Can't wait to see this. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
No way would I want a diesel engine on my bike. Yes, I have owned diesel powered vehicles in the past but they were far more utilitarian than a bike. The stock tranny on almost any bike can handle the horsepower from a similar sized diesel engine. Diesels are not what you might call high powered for their displacement. When you get right down to it they are dogs. 46ci is nothing in the bike world. My Victory sports a 106ci engine. It also runs over 100 ft-lb of torque at the engine. That is no big deal for a bigger bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im just doing it cuz itll be cool because its different. i know it wont be the quickest bike but that cat motor will last forever and get good gas. and with my employee discount i get the motor for cheap. if you look up cat motorcycle on youtube that guy has 2 videos of it. one of the build and him riding it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And its a 3cyl diesel so itd have a little more speed than a most 46ci engines that only have 1 or MAYBE 2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts