Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2005 Suzuki C90T
812 Posts
There is nothing wrong with floorboards. All of this is just a learning and confidence AND paying attention to your surroundings. Consider every vehicle you see is about to do something stupid, and consider every curve and corner as someone stupid is about to come around it. In slow corners, I'll look for loose graven or dirt and make sure I don't touch the front brake if I see it, and I'll still be cautious if I don't. Also, Where you look is where you are going. In some of the free Texas online riders training videos, some of them show this. If you stare at a tree, that's where your going. When someone panic brakes in a slow curve, their eyes will always immediately go right to the ground in the direction they are turning seconds before the fall. So practice looking where you want to go and always look for a second path in case of stupidity.

Here's you somehting to help too. My former FIL has had to stop riding becuse he falls every time. He simply just won't put a foot down at a stop. (He's probably too high to even know he's stopping or riding) So he will just flop over sideways with nothing or nobody around. At least your steps ahead of him.

· Registered
2005 Suzuki C90T
812 Posts
My brother has the same bike except it's a 17. It probably isn't the best learning bike but it's far from being a bad bike. It's actually a good bike and should last you a long time. I was going to get one but knew I would move up to the 90 and one became available so I got it. An 05 so a big brother to yours.

I actually dropped mine once. I rode it into my shop to park it and was looking at things and completely forgot about dropping the kick stand. Luckily there was something there for the crash bar to sit on and it didn't go all the way.

A down the road projct for yours.......Some of these year models got out of the factory with not a lot of lube on the shaft splines, which results in a lot of rusty wear. Later on, consider pulling your shaft and cleaning and greasing both ends. It's not that bad of a job. I did mine in an evening then a morning. Probably 4 hours total.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts