Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now! ENDING SOON

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

Registered
I stand corrected...... It was 15 years ago I had the conversation about the bike. 馃

Well, what do ya know...... Finally imported......
It's all good. Actually I would like one just for the fun of it. I liked the little 3 wheeler that Yamaha (?) brought out a few years ago - a copy of the Piaggio 3 wheeler.

I have always like the Can-Am and Spyders. All appeal to me.

The biggest problem with Chinese import motorcycles is servicing and spare parts availability - both non-existent (at least here, anyway).

Registered
It's all good. Actually I would like one just for the fun of it. I liked the little 3 wheeler that Yamaha (?) brought out a few years ago - a copy of the Piaggio 3 wheeler.

I have always like the Can-Am and Spyders. All appeal to me.

The biggest problem with Chinese import motorcycles is servicing and spare parts availability - both non-existent (at least here, anyway).
We are REALLY off topic ...... ( for the better?).....
My same tuner friend was offered to create a service manual to a Chinese manufactured dirt bike 20 years ago. But the Chinese maker refused to "divulge" the "information" of the sample bike.....( The bike was imported without any paperwork)
( You can not sell a motorized vehicle in the U.S. without it's owner's manual and the service manual )... So the cycle 'investment' was canceled. ( it was a circus dealing with the communists, refusing to do business with us, as per requirements )

Registered
We are REALLY off topic ...... ( for the better?).....
My same tuner friend was offered to create a service manual to a Chinese manufactured dirt bike 20 years ago. But the Chinese maker refused to "divulge" the "information" of the sample bike.....( The bike was imported without any paperwork)
( You can not sell a motorized vehicle in the U.S. without it's owner's manual and the service manual )... So the cycle 'investment' was canceled. ( it was a circus dealing with the communists, refusing to do business with us, as per requirements )
I don't know about that particular situation, but Chinese bikes are a few Euro compliant versions behind the rest of the Western World.

Presently it's Euro 6 I believe, and the US in most places is pretty strict.

Here in the Philippines Euro 3 is the most recent version, and even then you can completely remove the CAT and still pass emissions testing for registration.

So it's probably easier and cheaper for Chinese manufacturers to produce bikes for the Asian market which has more lax Euro compliant regulations.

Registered
Honda Tiderls, Ural Solos & BMW R60/6
Threads that meander tend to cover a lot more ground and spread more useful information .

I too am a big boy ~ 214# I think, (! EDITED !) I remember easily going 60 + on my 1960's Honda CL90's when I only weighed 180 # :rolleyes:

Reactions: MrPete

Registered
2022 Suzuki Dr 650
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
im no prize, but i know uglier doods that never get harrassed by pigs.

• Haha
Reactions: -Nate

Registered
2022 Suzuki Dr 650
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
wow! new guy derails my thread and im the @$$hole? typical.馃槕

• Haha

Banned
The only time I've ever been harassed in an RV was in Texas and they had me shitting my pants because I had about 20k in my pocket. It was the old "we've got a report of someone running drugs in an RV and yours fits the description" They brought the dogs in and didn't find anything but if it would have escalated to the point they searched me I would have been screwed. They would have confiscated the cash and I was just down there buying cars.

Registered
The only time I've ever been harassed in an RV was in Texas and they had me shitting my pants because I had about 20k in my pocket. It was the old "we've got a report of someone running drugs in an RV and yours fits the description" They brought the dogs in and didn't find anything but if it would have escalated to the point they searched me I would have been screwed. They would have confiscated the cash and I was just down there buying cars.
I believe you would have been OK....... ( Cops are into cars too).... As long as there was no 'indication' of drug use/sales in your RV, the cash is no problem
I have a little bundle of cash just incase I like a vintage bike, I am looking at.

Banned
I believe you would have been OK....... ( Cops are into cars too).... As long as there was no 'indication' of drug use/sales in your RV, the cash is no problem
I have a little bundle of cash just incase I like a vintage bike, I am looking at.
Back then they would have taken it for sure. They would have found drug residue on the money and that would have been it. It was happing on a regular basis.

Ace Tuner
Back then they would have taken it for sure. They would have found drug residue on the money and that would have been it. It was happing on a regular basis.
I think they still do that...... Over $10,000 on person? They might confiscate, then maybe investigate. (Depending).

S F

Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
I believe the 10k limit is for crossing the border or leaving the country in general.

SUPER MODERATOR
If you own a legitimate Business then those amounts don't apply for deposits or withdrawals. (y)
Sam:cool:

Registered
Honda Tiderls, Ural Solos & BMW R60/6
I see lots of misinformation here about cops and cash.....

Especially in the GREAT State of TEXAS, they'll use any excuse to steal your greenbacks and good luck getting it back, they'll work hard to make it not worth your while unless it's way over $10,000.00 .

Anyways, I can dig it ~ I'm a Blue Collar to my toes kinda guy, I prefer to drive my working pickup truck whenever I can .

I remember hauling stuff in Beverly Hills in the 1970's with my old beat to **** 1946 Chevy pickup, it had no muffler or course but being an InLine 6 cylinder (Chevy's world beating "Blue Flame Six" the exhaust note was nice, somewhat musical in tone, they'd eyball me but I had current tags front and rear and never speeded etc.....

If I had an RV I can imagine
how it'd look something like Cousin Eddie's RV in Christmas Vacation.......

Not a bad thing, I'm just a regular sort of Working Class schlub .

I don't consider L.E.O.s 'pigs', some are complete arseholes but that's on them, not on L.E.O.'s in general .

Once you've lived somewhere with no cops or crooked cops, you'll realize how good you have it here in the U.S. of A. .

61 - 80 of 89 Posts