Motorcycle Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

Registered
I stand corrected...... It was 15 years ago I had the conversation about the bike. 馃

Well, what do ya know...... Finally imported......
It's all good. Actually I would like one just for the fun of it. I liked the little 3 wheeler that Yamaha (?) brought out a few years ago - a copy of the Piaggio 3 wheeler.

I have always like the Can-Am and Spyders. All appeal to me.

The biggest problem with Chinese import motorcycles is servicing and spare parts availability - both non-existent (at least here, anyway).

Registered
It's all good. Actually I would like one just for the fun of it. I liked the little 3 wheeler that Yamaha (?) brought out a few years ago - a copy of the Piaggio 3 wheeler.

I have always like the Can-Am and Spyders. All appeal to me.

The biggest problem with Chinese import motorcycles is servicing and spare parts availability - both non-existent (at least here, anyway).
We are REALLY off topic ...... ( for the better?).....
My same tuner friend was offered to create a service manual to a Chinese manufactured dirt bike 20 years ago. But the Chinese maker refused to "divulge" the "information" of the sample bike.....( The bike was imported without any paperwork)
( You can not sell a motorized vehicle in the U.S. without it's owner's manual and the service manual )... So the cycle 'investment' was canceled. ( it was a circus dealing with the communists, refusing to do business with us, as per requirements )

Registered
We are REALLY off topic ...... ( for the better?).....
My same tuner friend was offered to create a service manual to a Chinese manufactured dirt bike 20 years ago. But the Chinese maker refused to "divulge" the "information" of the sample bike.....( The bike was imported without any paperwork)
( You can not sell a motorized vehicle in the U.S. without it's owner's manual and the service manual )... So the cycle 'investment' was canceled. ( it was a circus dealing with the communists, refusing to do business with us, as per requirements )
I don't know about that particular situation, but Chinese bikes are a few Euro compliant versions behind the rest of the Western World.

Presently it's Euro 6 I believe, and the US in most places is pretty strict.

Here in the Philippines Euro 3 is the most recent version, and even then you can completely remove the CAT and still pass emissions testing for registration.

So it's probably easier and cheaper for Chinese manufacturers to produce bikes for the Asian market which has more lax Euro compliant regulations.

Registered
Honda Tiderls, Ural Solos & BMW R60/6
Threads that meander tend to cover a lot more ground and spread more useful information .

I too am a big boy ~ 230 I think, I remember easily going 60 + on my 960's Honda CL90's when I only weighed 180 # :rolleyes:

Reactions: MrPete

Registered
2022 Suzuki Dr 650
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
im no prize, but i know uglier doods that never get harrassed by pigs.

• Haha
Reactions: -Nate

Registered
2022 Suzuki Dr 650
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
wow! new guy derails my thread and im the @$$hole? typical.馃槕

• Haha
Reactions: -Nate

Registered
Honda Tiderls, Ural Solos & BMW R60/6
I don't see where you're the bad guy here .

• Love
Reactions: Maxpressure520
61 - 69 of 69 Posts