Motorcycle Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
i dont think ive ever seen a cop risk their life to protect anyone. However, I do see cops harrassing decent folks almost everyday. Im no commie, but cops are fascist.
But ironically, the code enforcement, which you only see as harassment, is actually the very thing that creates the conditions that drew you to that desireable area in the first place. Its likely a safe, clean, area that doesn't resemble skid row. They achieve this by enforcing the local laws about overnight parking, etc. If they stopped enforcing those local laws then this safe, clean, desirable area would turn into skid row overnight. Thats exactly what has happened to some of the greatest cities in this country as these sorts of laws are not enforced in places like LA and San Francisco. If you want to go somewhere that these laws are not enforced or nonexistent then you need to go to skid row type place that tolerates that sort of stuff. Or go stealth. Your best bet is probably to settle on a couple of cheap RV parks somewhere. Maybe move north to south and vice versa twice a year and chase the nice weather.

·
Registered
58 Posts
This poster has an attitude. Probably went to a California college to "learn" from Marxist teachers.....
Now I understand why he imagines that following rules, based on the Constitution is bad.

This thread will not be his fix. A shame....

·
Ace Tuner
4,464 Posts
I feel targeted sometimes when I get pulled over for minor stuff like 61 MPH in a 55. Traffic was light and the speed limit was 60 a few hundred yards back.
Of course my state inspection was out. I got a ticket for that and a verbal warning for speed. The state trooper told me to get the bike inspected, show the judge then I could get the ticket dismissed and pay a small fee.
As we were done he shook my hand, said happy to met you and was off to pull more people over for minor stuff...
Be a NICE GUY on the side of the road and you'll be fine!

S F

·
Registered
58 Posts
Some roadways are considered 'problem areas'.......( Traffic cops are watching)
Speed limits are designed for the safe speed due to road design / conditions. Some stretches of roads/highways are safe at slightly higher speeds than what are posted ( Cops know this). Many times road speed limits are raised , if the traffic conditions and average speed continue to be 'non-problematic'.

Driving over the limit a 'little bit' will save you 1 minute of time toward your destination.
If you bad-mouth a cop at a stop, YOU have no one to blame but yourself.
( I haven't had a moving violation in over 20 years, and I do not drive "slow'...... I drive smart & safe.
Cops are trained to observe if you appear to be a safe driver or an idiot.
( A trick is when I drive above the freeway speed limit... Staying near the speed of the rest of the vehicles...... A Trooper will come up from behind,...... pass me by...... I DRIVE like they do. ( Turn signals, smooth lane-change)
The same goes to riding your bike)

Cops are trained to observe if you appear to be a safe driver or an idiot.
(( Guess who they pull over?? ))

·
Registered
5 Posts

Put a "support police" license plate frame on your bike?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P6TBWZH
I don't like the full size plate frame.... It is too obvious / blatant.. I chose one of the smaller stickers and put on the license plate itself to be more subtle.
In 27 years I have only one moving violation. 63 in a 35 on Skyline drive just before blue ridge parkway begins.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
i dont think ive ever seen a cop risk their life to protect anyone. However, I do see cops harrassing decent folks almost everyday. Im no commie, but cops are fascist.
Check out this FNG. Intruder 2.0? Cali has too many illegals sucking up all the jobs and resources. Real estate and everything else is ridicously overpriced. You lived in Cali, probably never been homeless, and fled to fla when things got rough? Now you rain down judgements from fla? Who are you to judge? You dont know me. Fascist.
I'm done.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
but cops are fascist.
I've been riding for 50+ years and in Oz in the 70's motorcyclists were easy prey for the police. I lived in a r.e.d.n.e.c.k city called Rockhampton in Central Queensland. There weren't a lot of bike riders there and we were easy prey for tickets for 'unroadworthy vehicle.'

There was one motorcycle cop who really didn't like me. We would pass each other regularly on the road between, Rockhampton and Yeppoon (a 25 mile ride). As usual I would be speeding and I would give him a wave, probably really pissd him off, but he just couldn't turn round and chase me - so whenever he had the opportunity in the city he would pull me over and give me a ticket for some BS.

Was he a facist?

Nope, just an arsehole.

Most other cops who stopped me were just regular guys and gave me tickets for things that I did wrong.

I have had a shirtload of tickets over the years and most, not all, were deserved. As I got older and would be caught speeding, I was always friendly and accommodating. Worked wonders, rarely got me off a ticket, but I could have been done for a few more if I had displayed attitude.

Having worked in various roles for many years with the police also helped.

Most cops just do the job they elected to do. If it's highway patrol - then they look for breaches of the law regarding motor vehicles.

I've have experienced a few arsehole cops - but in the main, most are just guys doing a job. Treat them civilly and you will get treated civilly in return - give them attitude - then you will get attitude in return.

It really is that simple.

·
Administrator
1,872 Posts
I got pulled over in my Dodge PU one morning heading out to go to my Moms house about 3 hours aways at 4am to meet her for breakfast and got pulled over by an Indiana state trooper going the other way and he said I was doing 71 mph. Not convinced I was indeed doing THAT fast but, I do know I was probably speeding in a 55 mph zone and he let me go. He simply told me to slow it down. It could have been significant ticket but he responded to my being polite and yes sir and no sir and not getting all mouthy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey Mr. Pete,
Nice bike in your avatar... I am a little concerned about the rear swing arm though. :LOL:

S F
My friend/tuner in the San Diego area, acquired the bike from an importer about 12 years ago, who stuck it into a shipping container from Asia. ( it's not sold in the USA )...... It is a 'mini bike', built to simulate the Dodge built 10 cyl Tomahawk custom - 4-wheel - motorcycle beast. pretty fun / well built.... A single cyl 50 cc. ...... When I was moving to Florida, I was considering it...... But didn't know what to do with it if I owned it......
It would have been a cool 'pit bike'..

Attachments

·
Registered
Honda Tiderls, Ural Solos & BMW R60/6
793 Posts
I'd think the taillights need moving as well as the license plate .

Both are pretty simple jobs .

Your post I think of what you look like was blocked, maybe you're just too damn UGLY ? (sarcasm) .

I too live in California and yes, it's a wonderful place but also has its negative aspects .

Reactions: Maxpressure520

·
Ace Tuner
4,464 Posts
My friend/tuner in the San Diego area, acquired the bike from an importer about 12 years ago, who stuck it into a shipping container from Asia. ( it's not sold in the USA )...... It is a 'mini bike', built to simulate the Dodge built 10 cyl Tomahawk custom - 4-wheel - motorcycle beast. pretty fun / well built.... A single cyl 50 cc. ...... When I was moving to Florida, I was considering it...... But didn't know what to do with it if I owned it......
It would have been a cool 'pit bike'..
Oh. A 50cc bad boy look alike. I no longer have concern about the swing arm size.
Yes it would make for a good pit bike, and conversation piece at the same time.

S F

Reactions: -Nate

·
Registered
Honda Tiderls, Ural Solos & BMW R60/6
793 Posts
60 MPH ?! .

Zounds .

·
Registered
58 Posts
41 - 60 of 69 Posts