Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm sure you don't want to screw it the to fiberglass below the back window. The place that stands out to me, would be on the side of your motorcycle carrier, where it would hang down and be easily visible. If you park your rig before dark, you probably wouldn't need a light on it.
Check out a West Marine store.... There is plenty of hardware/fastener options to safely-weatherproof mount your plate. Maybe use the ladder mount locations to use? Possibly 'tag' into the bottom window trim? ( The aluminum body panels are insulated, so there is 'space' in the panels for a rivet or something)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I grew up in northern then southern California........ I escaped, and have been in SE Florida for 12 years, and couldn't be better.
California has a ridiculous homeless disaster...... Motorhomes line the edges of many small highways, by homeless.
( Malibu / Pacific Coast Highway comes to mind ) ..So maybe the inspection of your motorhome may be due to that "California-caused" problem?????

'Living' is hard...... Always has been..... So try not to feel singled out... YOU are not alone!!
Only a fool compares their life to what you see in the movies.....
Good luck....

·
Registered
77 Posts
This poster has an attitude. Probably went to a California college to "learn" from Marxist teachers.....
Now I understand why he imagines that following rules, based on the Constitution is bad.

This thread will not be his fix. A shame....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Some roadways are considered 'problem areas'.......( Traffic cops are watching)
Speed limits are designed for the safe speed due to road design / conditions. Some stretches of roads/highways are safe at slightly higher speeds than what are posted ( Cops know this). Many times road speed limits are raised , if the traffic conditions and average speed continue to be 'non-problematic'.

Driving over the limit a 'little bit' will save you 1 minute of time toward your destination.
If you bad-mouth a cop at a stop, YOU have no one to blame but yourself.
( I haven't had a moving violation in over 20 years, and I do not drive "slow'...... I drive smart & safe.
Cops are trained to observe if you appear to be a safe driver or an idiot.
( A trick is when I drive above the freeway speed limit... Staying near the speed of the rest of the vehicles...... A Trooper will come up from behind,...... pass me by...... I DRIVE like they do. ( Turn signals, smooth lane-change)
The same goes to riding your bike)

Cops are trained to observe if you appear to be a safe driver or an idiot.
(( Guess who they pull over?? ))

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey Mr. Pete,
Nice bike in your avatar... I am a little concerned about the rear swing arm though. :LOL:

S F
My friend/tuner in the San Diego area, acquired the bike from an importer about 12 years ago, who stuck it into a shipping container from Asia. ( it's not sold in the USA )...... It is a 'mini bike', built to simulate the Dodge built 10 cyl Tomahawk custom - 4-wheel - motorcycle beast. pretty fun / well built.... A single cyl 50 cc. ...... When I was moving to Florida, I was considering it...... But didn't know what to do with it if I owned it......
It would have been a cool 'pit bike'..

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's all good. Actually I would like one just for the fun of it. I liked the little 3 wheeler that Yamaha (?) brought out a few years ago - a copy of the Piaggio 3 wheeler.

I have always like the Can-Am and Spyders. All appeal to me.

The biggest problem with Chinese import motorcycles is servicing and spare parts availability - both non-existent (at least here, anyway).
We are REALLY off topic ...... ( for the better?).....
My same tuner friend was offered to create a service manual to a Chinese manufactured dirt bike 20 years ago. But the Chinese maker refused to "divulge" the "information" of the sample bike.....( The bike was imported without any paperwork)
( You can not sell a motorized vehicle in the U.S. without it's owner's manual and the service manual )... So the cycle 'investment' was canceled. ( it was a circus dealing with the communists, refusing to do business with us, as per requirements )

·
Registered
77 Posts
The only time I've ever been harassed in an RV was in Texas and they had me shitting my pants because I had about 20k in my pocket. It was the old "we've got a report of someone running drugs in an RV and yours fits the description" They brought the dogs in and didn't find anything but if it would have escalated to the point they searched me I would have been screwed. They would have confiscated the cash and I was just down there buying cars.
I believe you would have been OK....... ( Cops are into cars too).... As long as there was no 'indication' of drug use/sales in your RV, the cash is no problem
I have a little bundle of cash just incase I like a vintage bike, I am looking at.

·
Registered
77 Posts
ATTITUDE.... Is when you are already pulled over. No one knows what a driver is feeling or thinking while driving. Which is why you must be aware of all drivers.
( " free stuff"........ Are you kidding? Just look at the Kalifornia governer last week, forcing EVERY taxpayer to finance "reparations".
.... "white guys"........ Yea.... Karl Marx agrees.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts