Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Suzuki Dr 650
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since i started touring in my rv ive been constantly harrassed by cops, rentacops, park rangers, and all kinds of other fascist @$$ho13$. Why? I just want to ride bikes? Is there anything i can do or just bend over and take it from the man?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Start flying a gay pride flag, that may help.

More seriously, what are they telling you when you're getting picked on? I was a full timer for 8 years and never got stopped for anything.
I almost stopped to help someone on the highway the other day. I'm part of the subaru community and so when I saw a stranded motorist in a crosstrek with a blowout in rush hour traffic I thought about helping. I might have stopped, but for his license plate. I dont mind the gay flag licenses plate ring he had, to each his own, but things probably would have escalated quickly if I refused to call him 'they,' and by the personalized plate, you know he'd surely demand it. The pronouns thing really doesn't have anything to do with sexuality or gender, its just a commie move to make you submit to them.

Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Font

·
Registered
2005 Suzuki C90T
890 Posts
I've been all over and never had issues, with and without bikes. Maybe it's time to review what your doing possibly to bring attention to yourself. People don't like to hear those words but when your the only one getting the attention, something is happening to draw it to you.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
If you're running the speed limit, using your signal lights, stopping at stop signs and all your lights are functioning and your license plate is not obstructed from view, most cops aren't going to give you a second look.

I don't know what motivates rentacops and park rangers, but motorcycles still attract attention. They're not making contact with you to tell you about their cousin's uncle that had a Harley back in 1968, are they?

·
Registered
734 Posts
I have an acquaintance who gets lousy service in every restaurant he goes to. He'll tell you about it at the drop of a hat, and if you go out to eat with him you'll see -- he really does get lousy service, always, everywhere.

Know why? He is an absolute a-hole who treats wait-staff like dirt.

I wonder...

·
Visionary
5,822 Posts
Ever since i started touring in my rv ive been constantly harrassed by cops, rentacops, park rangers, and all kinds of other fascist @$$ho13$. Why? I just want to ride bikes? Is there anything i can do or just bend over and take it from the man?
Are you staying in places that attract attention or doing anything to attract it? The key to many things is being low key, flying under the radar...

·
Visionary
5,822 Posts
Throwing your empty beer cans out the window, even while driving below the speed limit, will grab everyone's attention.
Yeah, always throw them in the bed of the pickup, then you can recycle them later on for the aluminum too when it fills up! :)

·
Registered
Honda VFR1200X (sold), only mod was "The BoosterPlug".
412 Posts

Put a "support police" license plate frame on your bike?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P6TBWZH

·
Administrator
1,872 Posts
I will attempt to look at this via a truckers eye. We are large vehicles, no one want to be behind. We are EXPECTED to be slow and be road warriors helping everyone that sits on the side of the road with issues. RVers typically drive their vehicle once or twice a year and usually drive like they think they are still in their Honda Civic. You can not just park anywhere, not even Walmart anymore.

As a trucker that for years was in a company Governed truck, I would get called into the office at least once a year asking about speeding, and they knew it was not possible unless rolling down hill. I was usually from some road warrior reporting something because they wanted to be angry, cell phones everywhere has created this mentality. When I bought my own semi, it became a state trooper pulling me over, and I immediately recognized it as they usually told me what made them contact me, as it was someone called in a complaint or they saw me passing someone and just wanted to check me out.

Slow down, make everyone pass you and go on around, stone in the stream senario, keep right (the slow lane here in the USA) and you will find that you will be a lot more at peace and you will no longer be a target. Unless you have a "F" the police on the back of your rig then might consider getting that off there.

·
Registered
2022 Suzuki Dr 650
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Start flying a gay pride flag, that may help.

More seriously, what are they telling you when you're getting picked on? I was a full timer for 8 years and never got stopped for anything.
Believe it or not im straight.

• Haha
Reactions: -Nate
1 - 20 of 69 Posts