Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you were giving the opportunity to ride your motorcycle with anyone on the forum for an eight hour trip who would it be with?

Here is who I would pick in no particular order:

1. RonK (Smart in my opinion and has plenty of life experience)
2. MONI (Someone that is herself and contributes to the forum regularly)
3. Eye (Someone who goes out of there way to help forum members)
4. hogscowboy (Can relate but would like to get to know better)
5. Dodsfall (Hard to get a read on, never responds or replies. Would ride with just to get to know better.
6. Soupy1947 (Enjoy reading his posts. Straight forward and to the point)
7. hawkaholic3 (Very level headed and enjoy reading his posts)
8. Oldman47 (Agree with most of his posts)

If I did not mention you either I did not read enough of your posts, your new to the forum, or plain and simple don't care for you much.

Keep in mind, I may not have read enough of your posts. Also, lets make the point that just because I would ride with you does not mean of course you would ride with me. Also, lets make the point clear, if I listed I would ride with you and you would not ride with me well then, who gives a rip. :)

So, who would guys and ladies ride with?

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,857 Posts
Would enjoy with all of the above and and sure a few more .. Being 1st Officer of the Suwanee Area Southern Cruisers and an Active Gator Rider as well in North Central FL Both groups which are about it's Not what you ride but why you ride and get to enjoy a lot of group rides which 99% have been enjoyable and a great time.. To me whether it's 2-3 or up to 10 can truly be a blast.. Over 10 then you are starting to play with Stops, Traffic and other hazards that may cut the enjoyment out quick .. I have rode with others many times on other Forums and for the most part have had some great experiences meeting up .. Won't call any names on who would ride with .. Just will say if passing through North Central FL Give me a Holler and Let's Ride !!

·
American Legion Rider
18,562 Posts
I'd ride with just about anyone once. It's the possible second ride you might get ticked at me as I refuse or have a "previous commitment".

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I find it interesting your reasoning for selecting the people you did. You seemed to base your choices on writing skills rather than ridding skills. As for me, I would like to meet all of them, they may not wish to ride with me, or me with them, but they all seem like level headed good folks.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I respond and reply quite a bit. (Look at my post count, average over 8 posts a day, every day, 365 days a year, for more than 6 years straight) :D
I'm Kidding Dods. I wanted to see what you would say. :p

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I find it interesting your reasoning for selecting the people you did. You seemed to base your choices on writing skills rather than ridding skills. As for me, I would like to meet all of them, they may not wish to ride with me, or me with them, but they all seem like level headed good folks.
What good are riding skills though if you don't enjoy the ride. :icon_cool:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
What good are riding skills though if you don't enjoy the ride.
That is a very good point. I went on a group ride a few years ago with a CMA (Christian Motorcycle Association), great bunch of people, some were terrible riders, most didn't hold lane position, inconsistent speed, riders sight seeing while riding, crossing double yellows. That was enough for me, I left the group and headed home.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Do not know about riding with anyone as I like to ride alone. However, would like to meet some as they sound interesting.

Blaine, it is Christian Motorcyclist Association :)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
No I didn't, stupid eyes cant see things right on my phone. I'd ride with just about anyone here. Maybe not so much the new riders (and I include myself) till they get more wing time. The chance to learn from the more experienced riders would be worth it.

·
Ghost in the machine
2,857 Posts
I would ride with almost anyone on this forum. But with winter fast approaching here in the Nordic North, I would most like to ride with Kiwi Steve if he would be willing to spring for the round trip airfare to fly me THERE.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Kiwi is from Australia right? I think we all need to crash his house soon.....Party at Steve's house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I think he's one of those artificial intelligence programs added by the people that own the forum. Like a bot, but much more advanced. I don't think there's a real, actual person there.

:icon_cool:
I think I agree Eye. On the other hand I would like to meet MONI who lives only a hundred or so miles away and Zippy intrigues me as a new rider. I suspect there is more there than meets the eye for a new rider.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Heck, I'd enjoy a ride with everyone that posted and was mentioned above...and almost any other Forum member. Don't forget Sigma, Old Dead Eye, Kaz, Bikerdash, LWRider and even Arntufun. I can think of several more but the list would be too long.

If any of you ride close to St. Louis, let me know and we can try to ride or at least meet up. I've gotten to meet 2 Forum members and really enjoyed it.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts