Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me, that is who. Lol Weather has been crappy still, and I had been house hunting. The garage is packed jam full of stuff waiting to move. I still haven't cleaned or even put my battery back in bike.
I have been trying to get the hounds out as much as I can, field trial is next weekend.
I just hope I can get it going soon!

·
Nightfly
4,623 Posts
Been slowly getting my bike back together after recovering from it being stolen quite some time ago. Costing me a lot of money but there were a lot of expensive parts that needed replaced. Sportster 1250 with major work done to the engine. It was not built for touring like most guys here seem to enjoy. Almost ready for fuel and then a careful break-in period. Guys my age seem to go cruising around back roads, not me, I love the hustle and fast pace of major highways.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,843 Posts
I managed to ride about 50-60 miles round trip last Sunday afternoon and it was a beautiful ride on SWEET country roads on my Fuel injected, V-4, 2014 Honda CTX1300D, crusing along at 60 mph, with a bug eating smile on my Chubby face:grin:

Before that and even at this time it has either threatened rain, rained or been in the 45 to 50 degree range which is too cold for me---if I can avoid it:wink2:

This season is starting off just like last year with wet and stormy weather, coming our way through Texas (Thanks Larry) bringing every other day, storms, some Tornado warnings, real on the ground Tornado's and the aforementioned COLD and windy weather:sad:

My Business has been VERY busy lately, Praise the LORD so riding hasn't happened very much:crying:

Sam:smile_big:

·
Driftless Rider
1,553 Posts
Weather has been cold and wet, Work has been swamped, and lots of other things going on So I haven't had the Vic out yet either.

But that changes in about an hour:wink2:

·
On The Road Again!
4,649 Posts
Despite the crappy weather, I've already put about 1500 miles on my Goldwing.

But Saturday was the first decent weekend day that we've had here.
One of my friends put together the first "official" ride of the season. Five of us got together for a ride to the top of Bear Mountain in Harriman State Park, New York.
It should have been seven of us, but two riders ran into each other before they even reached the meet up point. No serious damage, but it ruined their day and they headed back home.
It turned out to be a BEEYOOTEEFUL day and we rode about 150 miles or so.
....and now it's Sunday morning and it's pouring rain here again!
....and it's gonna rain Monday...and Tuesday...and Wednesday...
I feel like I live in Seattle instead of New Jersey.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,917 Posts
Rained Friday for the 13th straight week. Rained off and on all day yesterday. Raining this morning, supposed to stop later.

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
Put 1500-ish miles on the GL1100 since mid-March. Now I've switched to the GS850G and already ridden it a few hundred. The Honda Elite will get in 800 in a single weekend, then my June bike will be the CBR600F3. Weather isn't stopping me one bit. :D

Reactions: Paula HD

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
4,131 Posts
I've been out riding quite a few times, but not in the last several days. This morning it is 36 degrees here (on May 13th!) but might get warm enough this afternoon for me to go for a ride. I'm hoping, like everyone else, for warmer weather but I know that before long I will be complaining that it is just too damn hot to enjoy riding!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,843 Posts
I rode to work this morning @ 45 degrees, no wind and with beautiful blue skies. It is supposed to make it to 70 this afternoon.:grin:

Sam:nerd:

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It will be raining here all week, I might have a window to take dogs out two more times before the trial.
Then I hope to start cleaning the bike and making room to get it out.

·
On The Road Again!
4,649 Posts
Weather has been ridiculous here in NJ/PA! A few good days, but not enough.
It doesn't look like it's going to get much better any time soon.
The long range outlook is for more of the same right into the summer.....
JUST LIKE LAST YEAR!!!
THIS SUCKS!!!!:crying:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.