Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
10,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding home from work today on my Heritage. Pulled off the interstate, stopped to take a left, and Wam! Shoved a couple feet forward, I was hit by a Suburban. I did not drop the bike, but I had been in a accident. Having that kind of acceleration is no fun let me tell you. The rear of the bike is a mess, but I was able to pull the fender far enough from the tire to get home. Glad the riding season is pretty much over. That bike is done for this year.
I am not hurt, and the other guy has insurance. All will be ok.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
So glad to hear you are ok! Hit by a Suburban and able to ride away...your angel was working overtime.

·
10,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, if you have to be in a truck vs. bike accident, this is really about best case scenario. One funny thing. When you call in a Truck/Motorcycle accident you get lots of attention. There were two HP's and a city officer there in just a couple minutes.

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
Glad you're okay, Manno!

$hit happens, and this is a pretty decent outcome for when it does. Heck, this is about as decent as it could be. :)

·
Nightfly
3,720 Posts
A most fortunate accident, if there is such a thing. A lot more than your bike could have been a mess. Best of luck getting it repaired...

·
10,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad alls good, but that really sucks. Did he say I didn't see you?
He said that he never saw me at all. Sun in his eyes, whatever. He was just not looking. About 10 years ago I was in a similar accident. That time I was driving a bright red 3/4 ton 4wd pickup. The guy who hit said he never saw me stopped at the light. Tried to turn my long box truck into a short box. That truck was so large it did not fit in my garage, and he did not see it. I just figure, no one is really looking where they are going.

·
Registered
94 Posts
if you have to have an accident, one you can ride away from is a good one. i wouldnt say anything about you being ok tho. whiplash can sneak up on you.

Day 2 of my vacation in July on my new(in march) NC750S.
Gassed up. on way to hwy and then Whistler. Did not make it. Got to spend afternoon in hospital instead.

light changed to green (was about 6 cars back from light) lady thot i moved. well i did after she drove into me.

worked out ok in end. bike fixed. many physio sessions. all better now. got a bit for pain and suffering. (3k)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
So glad that you are ok. Any accident that you can get up and walk away from is a good one. Bikes are a piece of metal (plastic in some cases) and can easily be replaced, you cannot be replaced. I hate that saying "I didn't see you" it should always be restated "i didn't have my own eyes open and I was not paying attention to what was in front of me". I had a lady last week pull out in front of me from a local gas station. Thankfully, I had anticipated it, cause her wheels never stopped moving. I yelled out "oh, I bet you didn't see me, next time stop and look, will save someone's life" They don't even bother to stop and look anymore, they just like to play russian roullette...

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,668 Posts
It's good you're ok. Two years ago this January I was hit from behind, other than busting my Tour Pak, it didn't do any damage.
How's the back? It took some muscle relaxers and a stint of therapy to get mine back to normal.

·
10,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's good you're ok. Two years ago this January I was hit from behind, other than busting my Tour Pak, it didn't do any damage.
How's the back? It took some muscle relaxers and a stint of therapy to get mine back to normal.
3 ibuprophen this morning with breakfast. otherwise no issues. Got out and rode the Ultra to work. The Heritage is done for the season, but I am not.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,509 Posts
Glad you are okay, bike can be fixed or replaced. You can't be.

Did you tell him to pick on someone his own size? Go to the doctor's anyway and have your back and neck checked.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts