Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a TC200 Stingray which is on very low miles, the engine is great and as far as I can see, set up correctly, but it smokes (white)heavily, I assume to much oil, is it possible with modern oils to back off the oil pump lever to help with this problem without detriment to the engine ? Thank you.

·
Registered
800 Posts
It's possible for condensation to get into the exhaust system, but should burn off in short order.
Are you smoking all the time, regardless of how long you are riding?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not had it long and only used for short test runs as in the middle of another restoration, maybe when I can take it further afield it may improve?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Is it possible it might have Sea Foam or some kind of fuel stabilizer in the tank? Maybe carb or fuel injector cleaner in it? Might have to run (or dump) all the fuel out and refill with fresh fuel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Many thanks for your interest, that’s an idea worth persueing, thanks again.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Was just thinking about what bpe said, you might have water condensing in the gas tank. Water will sink to the bottom of the tank, down into the float bowls...just something else to consider.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the idea, I think drain/new fuel and some fresh good quality 2stroke oil would be a good start as I do not know what the oil is that is in there at the moment.

·
American Legion Rider
18,952 Posts
Get on that puppy and ride it out. Empty that tank by putting
at least 150 miles on it if it's full tank. These fuels we have to
deal with today collect water fast. I suspect you even have
water dripping out the muffler on acceleration unless you have
upswept mufflers.

Don't worry too much about it. I'm sure you have seen cars
dripping water. Put some miles on that thing so you can put
fresh fuel in it. I highly suspect within 12 miles you won't be
seeing all this smoke you are fretting over. Ride it ride it ride it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi, it’s a 2 stroke with high level pipes, but I have just undone the transmission level plug and loads of thin petrol smelling oil came out ! Not knowing the history of the bike but the vacuum petrol tap has been replaced for some reason for a manual one, historically could the fuel have got into the transmission oil due to faulty vacuum tap, if not any thoughts how ?

·
6,573 Posts
The crank seals are leaking fuel and oil from the crankcase and getting into the gearbox. The engine must betaken apart to replace the crank seals.:) If you pull the alt. stater cover it may have fuel/oil in there also.
Sam

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
More work than I was anticipating on a newish purchase but I suppose thats how things go sometimes, thank you for your input.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts