Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never had a leather jacket and I am also new to the bike. Now in winter, I feel cold and need a good thing which can be beneficial for me for riding and winter both. My friend suggested a jacket that he has and I saw it but there are many kinds and designs etc. I am so skeptical to buy which jacket like cafe racer or asymmetrical. Today I can apply the discount code so I need the help of you people to choose me a good jacket. I have the idea of one jacket and want to share with you either it's useful or not. This one in asymmetrical style in black. waiting for the suggestions.

·
American Legion Rider
18,880 Posts
Leather is leather for the most part. After that it's your choice of style. The one you are looking at is the classic motorcycle jacket that advertises you are bad to the bone.

I prefer what is probably called that cafe racer style you refer to. But in a solid color and no graphics. It's all your choice of style but I prefer one I can wear that doesn't look out of place no matter where I go. But it is totally up to you as to style once you have chosen leather or textile.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Have you looked at places like Revzilla and/or Cycle Gear? They have jackets designed for riding protection as well as for cold weather. Some include liners, others you can supplement with liners if you size it for under garments. They are all running sales today and this weekend.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Oops, didn't answer your specific question. I wouldn't spend any money on that type of jacket for riding. It doesn't have any shoulder, back or elbow protection and isn't designed for the could of wind riding a motorcycle. You and others may like the style, and of course it is your choice.

·
Registered
653 Posts
That's a fine jacket......if you want to LOOK like a biker. Where's the zippers for the cuffs? Where's the waist belt to keep the cold from coming up from the bottom? A two piece back? First one I've ever seen, so I can't comment. Where's the lower back support? I didn't read anything about a zip out liner. Collars are a rider preference and I prefer one with a fur lining. How thick is the leather?

IMO that jacket is more of a 'fashion statement' that a biker jacket. As stated by Eagle Six, look at Revzilla or Cycle Gear. J&P Cycles offers leather jackets also.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i like a short jacket, a mid length will rise up when you sit down and choke you. try one on and sit on a bike if available. the zipper on the side will keep cold air from coming in and freezing your breastbone. for the price definitly try on before purchase.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I never had a leather jacket and I am also new to the bike. Now in winter, I feel cold and need a good thing which can be beneficial for me for riding and winter both.
This might seem too obvious, but the best jacket for someone riding a motorcycle
is a 'motorcycle jacket'. An imitation from the fashion shop is unlikely to be fit
for purpose.

Leather or textile is a personal choice. If you want to stay warm and dry,
a textile jacket with a waterproof, breathable membrane is probably a
better choice.

If you decide to buy a leather jacket, have a look in your local
motorcycle gear suppliers. Bike jackets generally have stronger
construction, are reenforced in critical areas (elbows, shoulders)
and have pockets for additional protection.

Motorcycle gear sold in Europe must meet the relevant standards
for protective equipment. This means it would be illegal to sell
a 'fashion' jacket as a motorcycle jacket.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unlimited biker costume easily available in the online and offline market it's up to your choice which kind of style and design you would like to wear mostly hot selling jackets is bomber leather jacket and classy sleek black leather jacket it gives balance option for riders. First, give extra protection in case of a road accident and save your body from dust, on the other hand, groom your personality with a modern trend.

·
6,551 Posts
I have a Harley Davidson leather jacket that is 30 years old and still is as good as new but then it should be as it cost close to $500 at the time. It was their best heavy duty one and I bet it weighs 25 lbs and required the lives of a few very unwilling Beeves. My HD Chaps purchased at the same time are also as good as new. What I am saying is buy good quality stuff if at all possible and you won't be disappointed.

Sam:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts