Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last couple of years we have been visiting Smokey Mountains. Renting bikes there have been easy.
Also when you prefer a solid BMW (1200 GS)
On this years tour we will fly into New York and take it from there.
But we have run into a problem.

Where to rent something (two bikes, month of May 2020) like BMW 1200GS (or a Ducati...) in or around New York?
Sorry, we do not drive Harley;)

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks from Denmark

·
Visionary
5,413 Posts
By NY I assume you mean New York City..it's actually a very big state.
Check out Eaglerider, they rent mostly Harley and Indian but some locations have other bikes as well. They work through local dealerships.

I did a quick check and a close to NY City dealership (across the river in New Jersey) I know of does have Ducati Multistrada rentals available through Eagle rider.

Reactions: bigpoppa

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By NY I assume you mean New York City..it's actually a very big state.
Check out Eaglerider, they rent mostly Harley and Indian but some locations have other bikes as well. They work through local dealerships.

I did a quick check and a close to NY City dealership (across the river in New Jersey) I know of does have Ducati Multistrada rentals available through Eagle rider.

Thanks Mike721

Just anywhere in a range of 150 milkes from NYC would be ok.
We are flying in to Newark and will anyhow also rent a car.

·
Visionary
5,413 Posts
I work at Newark Airport, so I made a guess you were flying there, that's why I picked that one in New Jersey, it's close by (short cab ride, you wouldn't even need a car to get there) and I knew they were more than a Harley dealer. If your in newark and headed West and South there really isn't much point in heading East through NYC traffic to Long Island to rent.

Flying into Newark and looking to rent within 150 miles you could look anywhere in N New Jersey or the NE part of Pennsylvania for a rental . But you may run into a lot of Harley dealerships, they are really popular around here and it's hard to find anything else that rents.

I checked 2 quality dealerships I know of that sell BMW and Ducati, but neither mentions rentals on their website.
Maybe contact them and see if they can help?

Thanks Mike721

Just anywhere in a range of 150 milkes from NYC would be ok.
We are flying in to Newark and will anyhow also rent a car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts