Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride a Street Glide and I make youtube videos. I'm trying to find the perfect place to mount a GoPro. I prefer to mount it on my helmet, but it has fallen off 3 times. The last fall finally did it in. Now I have a new camera and stronger adhesive but trying to find the perfect place on my helmet has been more difficult than it should be. Low on the front to the right, catches my shoulder when I look right. That's how it fell off the first time. Also, the video is mostly fairing and a little bit of scenery. On top gets to much wind and creates a jello effect and the audio is wind noise. Same with the sides. My helmet is a bilt modular bluetooth helmet, so the front lifts up. Directly on the chin is the button to lift the front and the vents. Its matblack and the adhesive on the mounts don't seem to stick to it well. Mounting on the bars and fairing shakes too much. Any suggestions besides buying another helmet or motorcycle?

Youtube Channel
Traveling Tall

Thanks for your help.

·
Very Famous Person
10,004 Posts
--

On the bike is pretty boring, so it has to be your body or helmet. As to the wind buffeting, perhaps adjusting your windshield up at a different angle would help. As to wind noise, I would say go silent until stopped and/or fill in with music.

--

·
Registered
2015 BMW K1600GTL & 2008 Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom
1,458 Posts
I think you need multiple cameras. Helmet- I'd say top, crash bar...I sometimes mount one on a Ram Mount looking over my fairing on the left bar (09 Ultra), maybe one pointing backwards... every time I use my camera it's not the shot I wanted .

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
--

On the bike is pretty boring, so it has to be your body or helmet. As to the wind buffeting, perhaps adjusting your windshield up at a different angle would help. As to wind noise, I would say go silent until stopped and/or fill in with music.

--
about the wind use a mirc there has filter and mount it in the helment it fix that problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts